E345 Female Bank Support Worker, Outreach Services
14 April 2021
14 May 2021
Apply for this job
Location: Clacton- on- Sea
Salary: £8.91 - £9.01 per hour
Weekends £11.13 - £11.26 per hour
Bank Holidays £13.36 - £13.51 per hour
Christmas / NY £17.82 -£18.02 per hour
Sleep in Allowance: £70.47 per night
Hours: Varied – Bank hours
Job ref: E345
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established regional charity, providing care, support and life skills to the people we support in our Residential, Supported Living and Outreach Services. We pride ourselves on working in partnership with professionals to ensure we provide a strength-based, outcomes-focused approach to our work.
We are looking for team members that are enthusiastic, driven, and reliable. You must want to provide a compassionate and high-quality service to the individuals you are working with. As a Support Worker you will need to have a professional, caring and flexible approach.
Due to the needs of the person we are supporting, this position needs to be filled by a female.
Your main duties will include:
• Working in partnership with all relevant professionals to provide a strength-based, outcomes-focussed approach to your work;
• Keeping up to date and accurate records and support plans/risk assessments to reflect the requirements of the person being supported;
• Monitoring and evaluating individuals’ needs and ensuring these are communicated effectively and accurately to the appropriate people;
• Acting as a keyworker ensuring that the individuals’ needs, wants and aspirations are identified and that their support plans reflect these.
This role is varied, and every day is different, so being adaptable, using your common sense and initiative are a ‘must’ for this role. You do not need to have worked as a Support Worker before applying to us, but all experience in this field will help. As will those who have worked in any hospitality, customer service, or retail sector, as there are many transferrable skills that can be utilised in this field.
You will be expected to know, understand and work within Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults procedures, for which you will receive all relevant training. Autism Anglia is committed to ongoing training and supervision, qualifications and continuing professional development. We also provide an extensive induction on commencement of employment. Therefore, experience is not essential, just a willingness to learn and implement all necessary skills for the safety and wellbeing of the people we support.
It is essential that the successful applicant holds a full driving license.
We have a clear pay progression structure and offer the following benefits:
• Extensive Induction and Learning & Development programmes, with nationally recognised qualifications;
• Job-related qualifications obtained during employment paid for by Autism Anglia (subject to conditions)
• 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time)
• Additional holiday based on length of service
• Flexible working hours (where possible) for study and time off given for job-related exams
• Employee Referral Scheme
• Access to Spectrum Life Employee Assistance Programme, Wellbeing Tools, including counselling services & the Benefits Hub, which will give you access to lots of shopping and entertainment discounts, instant discounted gift cards and cashback
• Occupational Sick Pay (after 12 mths)
• Support & encouragement to progress and reach full potential within your chosen career
• Pension scheme
Autism Anglia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Autism Anglia is positive about inclusion and welcomes applications from individuals who are able to meet the requirements of the job position and may wish to request flexible working or reasonable adjustments to support them.
In the first instance please send your CV to email@example.com or if you would like further information please contact the Recruitment Team on 01206 577678.
If no response is received within 3 weeks of submitting your application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply again for other positions
Apply for this job