Junior Site Carpenter
Location: Reading - Charvil Area, Berkshire
Salary: Subject to experience.
Contract: Permanent, Full-Time. Mon-Fri 40hr Contract
Norwegian Log has been manufacturing and supplying traditional solid log cabins, lodges, transportable and other buildings for private clients, public bodies/charities and commercial organisations for more than twenty years. From simple garden buildings to holiday lodge developments, from luxury log swimming pool enclosures to commercial log buildings. You will be working as part of a 2-person team taking instruction from your Team Leader.
About the job
* Site erection of Solid Log Cabins, Education Buildings & other related timber structures
* Ensuring correct equipment & product is present & correct for projects
* Maintaining a safe and tidy working environment, within the working environment
* General preparatory / repair work on raw materials may also be required
* Understanding and co-operation in all Health & Safety matters
* Maintaining a consistent high quality output of all work undertaken
* A flexible approach to your working hours will be required on occasion
* Frequent requirement to work away (UK only) Monday to Friday (Typical Projects may have a 4 to 6 week duration) returning home for weekends only.
* Carpentry NVQ Level 2 would be beneficial but not essential as training will be given and you would have the opportunity to enrol in an apprenticeship in 2022.
* Full UK driving licence and own transport required due occasional need to meet directly at alternate address. (Client site address) Company vehicles also available.
* Heavy lifting & manual handling required - physically demanding role.
* Excellent communication skills - customer facing.
* Comprehensive ability to read, write & understand English instructions
* Problem solving, improvising and use of own initiative important
* Punctual, Presentable & Reliable
If you think this is something that you could physically do, if you want to be part of a team which works hard, has a great team work attitude and you want to learn and progress with a very successful and highly regarded company then we would like to hear from you.