About The Role
EKFB is a joint venture that brings together international, market leading expertise from four leading civil engineering and construction companies: Eiffage, Kier, Ferrovial Construction and BAM Nuttall. All four partners have specialist expertise in the design, construction, operation, financing and maintenance of railway networks, including the construction of one of Europe’s latest high speed rail projects.
Eiffage Kier Ferrovial BAM (EKFB) JV is seeking to recruit a Geotechnical Design Coordinatorexpertise.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for the coordination of geotechnical design delivery and responsible for overall technical quality and compliance for Viaducts, Green Tunnels and other structures across the project (route-wide).
- Oversee overall technical co-ordination and integration of design inputs through full project life cycle while establishing reporting cycles and driving the progressive technical assurance process.
- Coordinate delivery of Preliminary Test Piles, organize and chair PTP Working Group meetings
- Responsible for planning and optimizing future PTPs and coordination of PTP results interpretation and reporting Close liaison with the STR Discipline
- Actively involved in progressive technical assurance milestones within areas of responsibility, review and coordinate delivery of relevant design supporting documentations and IDR deliverables
- Close liaison with the Design & Engineering SectionLeads to ensure the delivery of information on time, optimized and in accordance with the Client’s requirements
- Aid in the study of optimisation and liaison with the commercial, planning, design delivery teams, and designers
- Support the Client with identifying change, risk and opportunities and constantly strive for design efficiencies and cost savings
- Manage relevant commercial and contractual aspects and communications
About The Candidate
- Experience in pile design and construction, pile testing and results interpretation
- Experience in geotechnical design
- Excellent knowledge of relevant Eurocodes and British standards Value engineering and optimisation focused
- Very good communication skills
- Experience in managing piling and other subcontractors and liaising with stakeholders
About The Company
If you would like to be part of our collaborative, enthusiastic and forward-thinking culture, then please apply today.
In return, we’re offering a competitive salary & benefits.
EKFB brings together international, market leading technical expertise. We have an industry leading track record of delivering major infrastructure projects, including Crossrail, the Millau Viaduct, Mersey gateway and the Bretagne-Pays de la Loire High Speed Rail link.
We are committed to, and strongly believe in, inclusiveness and equality of opportunity. Everyone who works with EKFB has a contribution to make; this is why we welcome applications from different backgrounds, experiences and abilities. Our aim is to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels they are able to be themselves.Please contact usif there is any additional support you might require making an application.
Please note your CV may be shared with joint venture partners on this project.
It’s worth remembering that we’ll undertake the relevant/standard employment checks if you’re successful in the selection process. This includes taking up your references, as well as checking your ID, driving licence (if appropriate) and your right to work in the UK. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks.
NB. BPSS security clearance will be required (to be undertaken as part of onboarding process)
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident