13 April 2021
£65000-65000 per annum
13 May 2021
Lincolnshire, LN2 1DY
Apply for this job
Location: Remote with travel
Serco provides a diverse range of public services to citizens on behalf of Local Authorities and central government, often with long-term partnerships spanning 30 years within Citizen Services. These range from the administration of major employment and health programmes, to managing major services in partnership with Local Authorities such as Leisure and Environmental Services.
Working as part of our Architecture Team we have a brand-new opportunity available for a Solutions Architect. A key member of the Architecture team within Serco’s Local Government Partnership organisation you’ll act as the primary point of reference for all aspects of the solution across the full lifecycle including solution and service architecture.
Engaging with senior managers / customers and shape / influence the organisation’s solution you’ll provide expertise in business and technical domains. Operating a senior customer and supplier level, you’ll be responsible for end-to-end solution & service design and delivery, including risk assessment and negotiation on issues such as cost, quality and timescales. You’ll ensure blueprints, roadmaps and solution proposals are consistent, accurate, and commercially viable and have passed through the relevant governance and approval boards before being submitted to our customers.
As Solution Architect you’ll take ownership of the overall solution to meet the clients needs this includes:
- Ensuring standard approach is used and reference library for Bid/projects is maintained
- Providing consultancy style advice and guidance to the business on ICT solutions and services
- Architecting an economical and effective solution which can be delivered within the client’s budget
- Understanding the overall business strategy and high-level business case to ensure the solution meets the requirements and the identified business benefits can be realised
- Working collaboratively with the client to agree and achieve a solution which meets the critical success factors
- Effective and innovative use of partners, industry best practice and internal skills and delivery capabilities
What you’ll need to do the role:
We are looking for a talented Solutions Architect with knowledge and expertise in the development and deployment of medium to large-scaled local government solutions. You should have experience leading and supporting the translation of business requirements into technical system design and architecture. We are looking for candidates who have experience with Applications and Application integration. Experience and ability to use service improvement techniques such as BPR, LEAN and root cause analysis is essential as is experience of working with Architecture Frameworks and Tools (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, BCS Enterprise & Solutions Architecture).
Meaningful and vital work: the nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters – delivering essential services that touch people’s lives.
A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You’ll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You’ll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer:
- Salary from £65k (dependent upon skills and experience) plus company car, bonus and healthcare!
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships;
- We offer flexible/agile working environments and the chance to buy annual leave as part of the Annual Leave Purchase Scheme;
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Flexible work from home options available
We have a mandate to deliver brilliantly. If you think this role would suit you, working in an exciting and challenging environment with like-minded individuals, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We’re a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco supports fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the ‘Ban the Box’ pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required).
Apply for this job