With us, you’ll work in a vibrant, supportive culture tailored to help you thrive.
We are currently recruiting a gardener to work across 2 of our private services in Bradford;
Cygnet Hospital Wyke and Cygnet Lodge Brighouse.
Cygnet Hospital Wyke - provides support to men with mental health needs and autism.
Cygnet Lodge Brighouse - is a high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service for men.
In this role you will be responsible for the general maintenance of the grounds, and gardens ensuring they are always presented in a way that creates a good first impression.
So if you’re passionate about what you do, we want to hear from you!
- Maintain and grow the garden to ensure it meets specific requirements and expectations.
- Perform basic maintenance such as cutting the grass, emptying bins, managing weed control and leaf raking
- Plant and nurture new trees, flowers, and various plants.
- Work with hand tools and basic light machinery such as mowers, strimmer’s and leaf blowers
- Service all garden equipment and machinery
- Maintain a clean garden by clearing rubbish and litter from the garden and grounds
- Provide guidance to management on matters related to the garden
- Advise management on the costs of plants and garden necessities with detailed written quotations and reports
- Ensure a safe environment for staff and clients by adhering to safety and health regulations
- Experienced in gardening
- Friendly, conscientious & have a positive attitude
- A good communicator
- Knowledgeable of gardening techniques
- Able to use professional mowing, trimming and pruning equipment
- Organised with great attention to detail
- Knowledgeable on plant and flower care techniques
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Group Pension
- NHS Staff Discounts
- Enhanced Maternity
- Free Health Cash Plan
- Employee Referral Scheme
- 24 Hours Free GP Helpline
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- On-site Benefits
- Free Mortgage Broker & Insurance Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP
- Free Eye Tests
- Car Lease Discounts
- Paid Life Assurance Company scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident