NHSX is leading the largest digital health and social care transformation programme in the world.
With investment of more than £1 billion pounds a year nationally and a significant additional spend locally, NHSX has been created to give staff and citizens the technology they need.
NHSX brings together the Department of Heal th and Social Care, NHS England and NHS
Improvement who will deliver the Health Secretary’s Tech Vision, building on the NHS Long Term Plan. We will speed up the digital transformation of the NHS and social care. We have set ourselves five missions, which are focused on how we can make things better for patients and staff.
• Reducing the burden on clinicians and staff, so they can focus on patients
• Giving people the tools to access information and services directly
• Ensuring clinical information can be safely accessed, wherever it is needed
• Improving patient safety across the NHS
• Improving NHS productivity with digital technology
The post is responsible for providing professional expertise to deliver the business processes for the Directorate. Specific responsibilities include:
• To support a programme of implementation of digital innovation across the NHS in England
• To help deliver the innovation surgeries bringing innovators in the public sector and private sector together
• To provide end-to-end support to the breadth of innovation programmes overseeing the design delivery and post event follow up
• To act as the communication point in linking with patient product development teams within NHSx and identifying areas to improve experience and outcomes for patients through innovation.
• To provide support to innovators to test their products within the NHS and co-ordinate introductions to NHS organisations communicating information and opportunities for improvement
• To support the digital innovator portal working closely with the AAC, maintaining the content of the portal and supporting innovators to be better informed in their innovation journey
• To support the maintenance of the Customer Relationship Management database in collaboration with the AAC.
• To link with existing accelerator programmes to support the development and adoption of innovation providing the communication point for the team
• To provide a point of communication for the Digital Innovation team to support alignment and shared priorities
• To outline and promote the mission and objectives of NHSx and their activities in enhancing the performance of the NHS through greater adoption of technology.
The post holder will define current processes, facilitate discussions and advise colleagues as to how best practice might be adopted in the definition of future processes, document those processes as they are agreed and oversee their delivery.
The role supports the business in driving transformation as well as value for money in planning, commissioning and service. The role is designed to build a combination of subject matter expertise and technical skills to develop a strong service delivery.
This advert closes on Tuesday 27 Apr 2021
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident