Team leader | Bicester | GB12453
As an integral part of the operation, we are seeking a team leader with the drive to meet the demanding needs of the customer. This role is situated in Bicester, Oxfordshire and you would need to attend site daily.
Working within the operations field in the Warehouse/ Hub environment, you will be responsible for an Integral element of the operational functionality: leading the team, prioritising workload, decision making, knowing when to escalate and inform non-compliance, mitigate risk. Due to the nature of this role a day to day presence on site is required.
- Manage the day to day tasks, clearly setting priorities along with assigning resource to the daily workload and priorities
Staff management - including the writing of PPRs in line with policy.
- Monitor and manage sickness levels - ensuring all RTW (Return to Work) interviews are conducted and escalating the process if required.
- Initiate and manage any disciplinary action if required.
- Ensure effective processes for Team Briefs and De-briefs
- Operate Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and carry out other assigned Computer based tasks as required
- Ensure daily MHE safety checks are carried out and report any discrepancies timely and correctly
- Collate usage data to support Management information
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Manage staff in line with T&A (Time and Attendance) administration, timely correction of any updates.
- MHE licence (where applicable)
- Ability to work and communicate effectively at all levels
- Confident at presenting clear direction to the team
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.
Please be aware that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to participate in the employment screening process. This process will include criminal record checking and identity validation. This means that KN will ask successful applicants to provide certain information and documentation to enable these checks to be conducted.
Any appointment will then be strictly conditional upon, and subject to, the receipt of satisfactory results of these checks