Administrative Assistant / Payroll Clerk
An exciting position has become available for a full-time Administrative Assistant / Payroll Clerk based in Syston, Leicestershire. The successful candidate will earn £18,000 - £22,000 Depending on experience.
The candidate will perform all activities necessary to process payroll, including maintaining related records, filing tax reports, preparing accounting transactions, and documenting and updating procedures. This position works under the direction and supervision of the owner of the company, along with the assistance of the business administrator.
The role is office based and hours of work will be 9am-4pm.
• Experience in payroll.
• Good knowledge of technology to include computers and software programmes such as Microsoft Office and ideally Iris Payroll Software
• Must have very good oral and written communication skills.
• Requires good organizational skills sufficient to accomplish work by established deadlines and the ability to coordinate phases of work with others.
• Ability to follow company policy and understand any rules or regulations governing the work being completed and the impact work has on a department or company.
• Work assignments are normally routine in nature, but on occasion may be non-routine and require some deviation from standard to complete.
• Process weekly and monthly payroll and produce P45’s when required.
• Submissions for Pension and PAYE.
• Process fiscal year end reports.
• Prepare written communications.
• Enter data into a variety of systems.
• Handle incoming calls, take messages, and promote effective communication.
• Complete monthly CIS submissions.
• Document any discrepancies in payroll processing to maintain a clear record of reconciliation and adjustments.
Our client is an established family run firm of professional accountants who pride themselves on customer service.
The successful candidate will be producing the payroll for a range of companies on a weekly and monthly basis, along with some other administrative duties. This is a fast-paced role in a friendly environment, working with a small group of likeminded accountants.
Why should you apply?
• The chance to join a well-established company
• The opportunity to become part of a hardworking, dedicated team
• Great company benefits given to the successful candidate
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: Administrative Assistant, Payroll Clerk, Payroll, Pension, PAYE, Iris Payroll Software, Software Programmes, Microsoft Office, Clerical, Admin, Clerk