DevOps Developer - Remote
13 April 2021
£46500-47000 per annum
13 May 2021
Lincolnshire, LN2 1DY
Apply for this job
Location: UK, Flexible with travel
IT is at the heart of many of the vital services that Serco provides, from caring for vulnerable people, managing complex public services, to heavy rail and hospital operations. As our DevOps Developer, you’ll ensure that our we continue to deliver differentiating and innovative solutions. We are committed to delivering better government services to citizens.
As DevOps Developer you’ll Design, development and operational support of key solutions, business process and automation. You’ll provide solutions for a wide range of internal business and public sector facing services assisting Serco in transforming the way they deliver services. Key Duties include:
- Design and develop a wide range of complex business solutions on existing and potentially new applications used by the business, analysing requirements and advising on options to deliver operational improvement.
- Provide technical expertise on applications including technical considerations, analysis and liaison with 3rd party ICT suppliers and partners.
- Operate at a senior level within the team, applying creativity with solutions and delivering to relevant principles and standards; communicates soundly with customers and understand system requirements, identify solutions and opportunities to continuously improve.
- Adhere to internal and industry standards and best practice in software development; Maintain an awareness of new and emerging relevant technologies, products, services, methods, and techniques, rapidly assess their suitability and potential value to the business and our customers.
- Be a subject matter expert in a particular application, language, or platform, using your knowledge to benefit the wider team and customers
- Act as role model and be prepared to share skills and knowledge with colleagues and suggest improvements to existing processes and procedures, promoting continuous improvement within the team.
- Accountable for own technical and project responsibilities, establishing deadlines, responsibilities, and objectives (and where necessary applying this to a project or delivery team).
What you’ll need to do the role:
- DevOps experience defining, developing and improving solutions in an agile environment with all involved stakeholders.
- Experience with development of workflow management and CRM solutions (i.e. Verint / Dynamics) to internal/industry methods and standards
- Knowledge of Robotic Process Automation and the development of automated solutions using 3rd party software solutions (i.e. Blue Prism).
- A technical understanding of reliability, availability, security, performance, compatibility, networking, and hardware and software management concepts.
- Ability to articulate technical solutions (and challenges) effectively to a broad audience.
- A solid understanding of working with API’s
- Able to present solutions, challenge ideas and influence stakeholders effectively.
- Be articulate and a clear-thinker and take the initiative defining (re)solutions.
- Demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Able to develop and continuously improve knowledge and skill to adapt to changing client needs and technologies
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of team.
Meaningful and vital work: This is not just infrastructure and software to us, the people we support matter. The integrity and dependability of our services are vital to many public services.
A world of opportunity: As a globally diverse company Serco will offer many opportunities to grow your skills, experience and expand your knowledge in many different sectors and locations.
Great people: It’s obvious, but great people help us deliver amazing services. You’ll find yourself working with a variety of highly motivated, supportive and experienced colleagues.
What we offer
- Salary from £46,500 (dependent upon skills and experience)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension matched up to 6%
- An autonomous and supportive culture in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- This is a remote position
- with travel once we are back to bau;
We have a mandate to deliver brilliantly. If you think this role would suit you, working in an exciting and challenging environment with like-minded individuals, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We’re a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco supports fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the ‘Ban the Box’ pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required).
Apply for this job