Deputy Children's Home Manager
13 April 2021
£28,000 to £28,000 per year
13 May 2021
Job Paths 4 U
Apply for this job
Job Paths 4 U are seeking a highly-skilled, motivated and experienced Deputy Children’s Home Manager for a brand new 3 bedded Residential Children’s Home based in Redditch.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a reputable and growing Children’s Residential Services care group in Redditch for Children and Young people with a range of social, emotional, and behavioural difficulties.
As the Deputy Manager you will work alongside and have an opportunity to learn from a highly skilled and experienced Registered Manager that has a consistent Ofsted grading history of Outstanding (within leadership and management in particular).
You will assist the Registered Manager in leading on all aspects of the setup of the service and the development of relationships with partner agencies and commissioners.
Deputy Children’s Home Manager Duties and Responsibilities include:
• To meet the needs of and promote the development of the children
• Oversee the day-to-day running of the home including management of the staff team
• Work closely with the Registered Manager to manage relationships with relevant stakeholders, professionals and partners
• Work in partnership with parents, carers and other professionals to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people
• To promote the efficient and effective operation of the home and support the manager in creating a compelling vision for staff
• Lead the home in the absence of the Registered Manager
• The requirement to sleep overnight at the home on a rota basis as and when required
• To work flexibly, which includes office hours, early morning and late nights, regular weekend hours & bank holidays
Minimum Requirements for this Deputy Manager role are:
• Minimum Level 3 Children and young people’s workforce or equivalent (essential)
• A relevant Level 4 or Level 5 qualification in children's residential social care management or willing to work to achieve this (desirable)
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as a deputy manager in a children’s home (essential)
• Experience of working effectively with young people with a range of social, emotional, and behavioural difficulties (essential)
This large, detached home based in Redditch is on a private lane with a tranquil garden with ample space for Children and adults within the home.
Benefits for this role include:
• Staff bonus scheme
• Competitive annual salary
• Workplace Pension
• Private healthcare opportunity
• 26 days paid annual leave (plus public holidays)
• On-going training and development
• Onsite counsellor for children and staff
• Opportunities to progress within the organisation
• Reiki sessions
• Off road parking
Contact: Ben at Job Paths 4 U on 0116 218 3355 or email@example.com
If this position is not right for you, we are currently recruiting for the following positions: Support Workers, Senior Support Workers RGNs. RMNs, RNLDs, Clinical Leads, Deputy Managers, Nursing Home Managers and Registered Managers.
Visit our website for all of our current vacancies www.jobpaths4u.com
Apply for this job