NHSX is leading the largest digital health and social care transformation programme in the world and has been created to give staff and citizens the technology they need.
We are a joint unit made up of colleagues in the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and NHS England and Improvement (NHSE/I) and will harness the best expertise from industry, the NHS, Government and the health and care sectors.
NHSX will deliver the Health Secretary’s Tech Vision, building on the NHS Long Term Plan. We will speed up the digital transformation of the NHS and social care. We have set ourselves five missions, which are focused on how we can make things better for patients and staff.These are:
● Reducing the burden on clinicians and staff, so they can focus on patients;
● Giving people the tools to access information and services directly;
● Ensuring clinical information can be safely accessed, wherever it is
● Improving patient safety across the NHS; and
● Improving NHS productivity with digital technology.
We have established NHSX on 4 core values:
These values are guiding the way that NHSX works now and develops in the future, we would expect applicants to demonstrate, at interview, a commitment to these values.
NHSX’s Centre for Improving Data Collaboration is seeking expressions of interest for an exciting opportunity to lead a programme of workto deliver high-impact data solutions to unlock the potential of UK and NHS health and care data.
The programme will be key to delivering:
• the vision to improve health and care data assets to generate benefits for patients and value for the health and care system, as set out in the forthcoming NHS Data Strategy; and
• the Government's ambition to ensure the UK is the best place in the world to undertake ground-breaking health research, by catalyse the development of thriving life sciences and health tech industries.
It will require extensive partnership working across the NHS, research and innovation communities, industry and researchers.
You lead a small team to deliver quality outputs at a fast pace, working as part of a high-performing newly formed unit. In return you will get to shape the development of the team as it expands, have important input into a crucial strategic agenda for the NHS, DHSC and HMT, and be exposed to senior decision-makers on sensitive matters.
This advert closes on Tuesday 27 Apr 2021
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident