To increase programme testing capacity for COVID-19, a mobile testing operating model was established in mid-April. Mobile Testing Units currently enable self-administered testing, by setting up a small site at strategic locations near fixed regional test site.
We are seeking to recruit Multiskilled Operatives to support the delivery of testing for service users that visit the COVID-19 Mobile Test Unit. You will complete a wide range of general daily tasks such as admin support, test collections, test drop offs, cleaning and sterilisation and be responsible for the disposal of medical and biohazard waste. You will need to have the flexibility to change tasks as and when required and rotate into the different roles, ensuring to always provide general support and deliver service excellence for our service users.
Typical working hours on average are between 8.00am and 4.00pm with rest breaks in-between and will be on a rota of 3 days on and then 3 days off. Due to the nature of the role, you will need to have access to a vehicle as the Rapid Test Site will change from day to day and you will need to be prepared to travel up to an hour’s distance from the Rapid Test Site that will be assigned to with less than 48 hours notice. You will have to ensure that whilst travelling to site, you are adhering to government guidelines and social distancing measures.
Sodexo reserves the right to alter the site location and close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
- Hourly rate of £12.50
- This position is offered on a casual basis
- Successful candidates will need to be available for an immediate start
- You must have access to your own vehicle
- Please only apply for this role via www.sodexojobs.co.uk
The Ideal Candidate
- Support the delivery of services at the Mobile Test Unit, communicating and providing an efficient, effective service for each service user visiting the Test Unit
- Provide general support to ensure a smooth delivery of services and service excellence
- Communicate with individuals that visit the unit to be tested, ensuring that they understand and are comfortable with the process
- Support and reassure the individuals throughout the testing process
- Rotate into other roles as needed, such as distributing tests, collecting and dropping off complete tests, general admin support, cleaning and sterilisation and medical
- Undertake training on hand washing and ensure personal hygiene is maintained to a high level
- Undertake training on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements and ensure PPE is worn and changed as required
- Ensure to adhere to site guidelines and procedures at all times, always wearing the correct PPE, hand washing, providing cleaning / sterilization and the moving and collection of medical waste, PPE and other biohazard waste
- Experience working with members of the public/patients
- Good interpersonal skills and caring nature
- Flexibility to change tasks as and when required
- Must be able to physically stand for several hours with good mobility
- You must be in general good health with no symptoms of COVID-19, nor must anyone in your household
- You must have access to a vehicle as you will need to be prepared to travel up to an hour’s distance from the Rapid Test Site without travel expenses with location assigned with less than 48 hours notice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a supportive nature
- Willingness to work outside
- Commitment to the work and adhere to the strict guidelines and procedures required
- Native or bilingual proficiency level English
You must not be classified, or live with anyone classified, as belonging to any of the COVID-19 high risk groups (more detail can be found on the government website):
- Must not have a long-term condition
- Must not have immune deficiencies through medical conditions or therapy
Training and full personal protective equipment will be provided.
About The Company
- Understanding of PPE practices is desirable, however training is provided
- First aid trained
- Cleaning and sterilisation experience
- Experience of transporting medical waste (the collection of PPE and biohazard waste)
- Experience working in a medical, clinical or health environment
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.