Short Breaks Support Worker
13 April 2021
13 May 2021
Uplands Enterprise Trust
SB Support Worker
Apply for this job
Hours of work: Various permanent, bank (zero hours) and voluntary
After school – 3.30pm to 6.30pm
Saturday, Sunday, and School Holidays – 9.15am to 4.15pm
Main base: UET Short Breaks, Shaw Ridge Farm
Reporting to: Short Breaks Lead
Uplands Enterprise Trust (UET)
UET is a Swindon based charity that helps children and young people (CYP) with SEND to help themselves. We are run by enthusiastic, skilled, and creative staff, with a knowledgeable board of voluntary Trustees. The UET is constantly developing, expanding, and changing to improve the lives of disabled children and young people within Swindon and the surrounding areas.
Short Breaks Provision
Our short breaks provision provides care (including persona care) and activities for children and young people aged 5 to 17 with SEND after school and during school holidays, in turn providing parents and carers with valuable respite.
Support the development of high-quality care and support for CYP accessing the short breaks service. Working within safeguarding guidelines, assist in the preparation and delivery of care and play opportunities and the day to day running of the short breaks provision. Provide a safe, fun, and enjoyable environment for the CYP. You must be patient, enthusiastic and motivated.
• Supervision of all CYP attending the provision
• Set up play spaces
• Ensure activities are safe, creative, inclusive and appropriate
• Ensure the provision is clean and tidy, adhering to hygiene routines throughout the day
• Lead activities such as role play, outdoor play, arts, drama, story telling, crafts and cookery
• Attend to CYP interpersonal & intimate care needs (toileting, changing, administering medication, peg feed)
• Manage behaviours that challenge us in accordance with UET policies and procedures
• Be a positive role model to children and young people
• Provide CYP with drinks and snacks where appropriate ensuring health and hygiene standards are adhered to
• Consult with CYP and involve them in session activities
• Contribute to CYP individual skill plans, documenting observations during sessions
• Share information with lead support worker and provision manager completing paperwork where necessary
• Take part in staff meetings and training where required
• Undertake appropriate training; first aid, safeguarding, food hygiene
Although this post holder will be based at Shaw Farm you may be required to work from different sites around Swindon.
The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to posts may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and would not themselves justify the re-valuation of a post.
The Trustee body retains the right to implement changes to this job description to reflect changes in the demands of the post and this will be done in consultation with the post holder.
Apply for this job