Your key responsibilities will be:
The purpose of the Architectural Technician is to work as part of the Design Team and cover our elements of works on our pre-construction and live projects in the UK and throughout EMEA. The individual must have extensive knowledge and proven use of platforms such as Revit and have a detailed understanding of steel, roofing, cladding and fit out works.
• Develop the detailed design from the specifications and ‘information for construction’ drawings and details.
• Submit information in line with the dates as agreed on the design deliverable schedule.
• Attend design workshops and forums and communicate with the client’s design team and interfacing contractors’ team so the design is coordinated and compliant with in country and local regulations and requirements.
• Progress detailed design and prepare and issue for manufacture and installation details.
• Integration into project teams
• Provide clear and concise design information complying with local codes and regulations.
• Ability to develop a detailed design from specifications and information for construction for design approval.
• Develop detailed design for manufacture and assembly.
• Liaise with clients and consultants.
• Attend design coordination meetings and speak clearly and confidently about the design that we are responsible for.
• Constantly maintain the BIM model and identify clashes and coordination and interface topics.
• Work in accordance with the project budget and align design to the tender information.
• Contribute to the efficient way the department is run by feeding lessons learnt and innovation back into the department.
• Ability to contribute to problem solving.
• Develop relationships with internal teams, consultants, clients and suppliers.
• In-depth understanding of Revit
• Understanding of BIM 360, BIM Glue, BIM Docs, BIM Collab & Navisworks (Desirable)
• In-depth understanding of Autocad
• General understanding of document sharing platforms such as Aconex, conject etc (Desirable)
• Relevant experience of being involved in the design process within the wider construction industry.
• A good knowledge and understanding of structures, cladding and roofing and fitout works
• Ability to manage own workload
• Capable of strategic and “big picture” thinking as well as detail
• Communication and presentation skills