Shaping tomorrow's talent as a DFRP Training Instructor: We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
Shaping tomorrow's talent as a DFRP Training Instructor:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced RAF or Fire Service Trainer to join our sector leading team in shaping the future defence fire and rescue teams. This is a high-profile role and one where you play a pivotal role in shaping the careers of those that you teach and that of the DFRP across the UK.
We are looking for someone that has a wealth of experience in Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF) and has previously worked either within the RAF or in the fire service at either a watch or station manager level.
This role will be based at Moreton in Marsh at the Fire Service College however there is accommodation on site available to employees who are not local to the area.
What you will be doing:
• Delivers instructional content and facilitates learning needs for a specific classroom population.
• Responsible for the delivery of training of both professional and non-professional fire and rescue training in line with FSC course schedule, DSAT course documentation and the Defence Trainer Capability (DTC) requirements of JSP 822
• To undertake the duties of Subject Manager, Course Director, Exercise Director and Tutor whilst supporting the delivery of various levels of training.
• Responsible for performing the DTC Defence Trainer Supervisor role, supervising the completion of the WTS for Phase 2 Defence trainers.
• Development of civilian (Capita Fire and Rescue or Fire Service College) Defence Instructor CPD plans.
• Supporting the FSC Trg Delivery Manager, Military Chief Instructor and FSC Scheduling staff in the scheduling of Defence Training and the allocation of Defence Trainers.
What we are looking for:
• Either Corporal level or above within the RAF or Watch/Station Manager within the fire service
• A Firefighter with both structural and ARFF qualifications and experience
• Hold at least a level 3 qualification in teaching and learning ideally having a DCTS DTTT (Phase 1 and 2) qualification and be a DTCF Practitioner (Level 2).
• Ideally hold an accredited level 4 Fire Safety Risk Assessor qualification.
• Ideally be a DTS Level 2 Practitioner or if not, have a commitment to complete DTS and associated WTS within 6 months of recruitment
About Capita Learning:
Capita Learning is a leader in Learning and Development Transformation. Our expertise covers everything from strategic learning consultancy to managed learning services, curriculum design and training delivery to digital and competency management. We also specialise in apprenticeships and pre-employment programmes. You'll be joining a team who are passionate about innovation and who take pride in making learning and training the best experience possible.
What's in it for you?
• A competitive basic salary
• 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
• The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
• Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
• Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
• Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
• At the Fire Service College, you will also benefit from an onsite gym, restaurant and bar alongside accommodation available to be utilised by anyone not local to the area working at the college in this role
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, you can contact Joanna.firstname.lastname@example.org
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident