Community Bus Driver
12 April 2021
£8.91 per hour
We provide a Nest Pension
12 May 2021
Wheatsheaf Hall, Main Avenue, Bush Hill Park, EN1 1DS
Enfield Asian Welfare Association (EAWA)
Apply for this job
Enfield Asian Welfare Association
Job Title: Community Transport Bus Driver
Hours: 12 hours a week or as needed (Covid-19 will create the pattern of hours needed.)
Flexible start and finish time based upon transport needs of clients. E.g. Driving from 8am to 10am/10.30am and 2.30pm/2.45pm to 4.30/4.45pm
Also as needed for extra runs, outings etc
Days: Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays OR as needed
Responsible to: Day Centre Manager on daily basis but overall to CEO
Purpose of Post:
To assist in the day to day operation of transport for the day centre and ensure that Client needs are sensitively met e.g. helping them to and from the house as needed, with wheelchairs etc
To provide transport on Summer outings or as needed.
Client Group: Elderly people that are isolated, frail, vulnerable, disabled, with Dementia or mental illness.
Bus: Assist with Daily, 10 weekly and 6 monthly inspections, maintenance checks and servicing appointments of the bus. Help uphold the Section 19 permit requirements. If possible, house the bus, in a driveway at your home, or collect and drop it from a suitable residence in Enfield Borough.
1. Drive/Escort clients to and from the centre ensuring they are safely transported.
You will drive a 11 or 16-seater manually operated Community Transport bus. You will need to know how to operate a tail lift. You will manage elderly people with mobility problems. You will collect clients from their homes and return them back home in the late afternoon. You will need to be sensitive to individual needs.
A clean current driving licence with Category D for minibus driving is essential
2. To provide transport during the Summer Outings and assist the elderly during the course of the day.
3. To provide cover at holiday times and in staff sickness times, if another EAWA driving post is created in the future, with prior agreement.
4. Implement Health and Safety procedures to ensure the safe, effective action is taken at all times for self, clients and organisation.
5. To report promptly any areas of concern and/or deterioration in health of clients.
6. To undertake statutory training courses e.g. manual handling, first aid. We pay for the course and time spent.
7. To attend training, supervisions, team meetings and any other relevant meetings.
8. To ensure that the work style and culture of the Centre promotes respect, confidentiality and dignity.
9. If possible, we will look for the Community Bus to be housed at your residence, if you have a driveway, OR at a convenient location in Enfield Borough, so that you can reach there in the mornings and drop off in the evenings.
10. For a community group to own a minibus, like EAWA, we need to comply with section 19 permit requirements. This means a daily check of the bus, 10 weekly inspections with a garage,
6 monthly tail lift inspections at a qualified site. We will also need to arrange for the bus service and its maintenance. You will be advised of how this works and we seek your cooperation and assistance. The Bus will also need to be washed and the fuel topped up, for which we reimburse you.
11. Follow Covid-19 procedures
In addition to undertaking the duties as outlined above, the post holder will be expected to fully adhere to the following:
Ensure that all duties are carried out in line with the organisation’s health and safety, operational, performance management, personnel, and data protection policies and procedures. To run the service at all times in accordance with EAWA’s mission statement and charitable objectives.
Maintain absolute confidentiality with regard to the organisation’s information and procedures
Act in accordance with the organisation’s Equality Policy, which is designed to prevent discrimination of any kind, and ensure equality of opportunity is a key principle that is continually embraced.
The post holder may, from time to time, be asked to undertake other reasonable duties commensurate with the grading of the post.
Apply for this job