Care Assistant based at The Fairways, Chippenham.
Permanent- Full Time - 38.5 hours per week.
About the role
As a Care Assistant at MHA you will provide the highest quality of care to our residents enabling them to live later life well. Duties will be varied and include supporting our residents with personal care needs and helping them to take part in a wide range of activities that support their health and wellbeing. Every day will be different and you'll have the opportunity to use your people skills to make a real difference.
The right values, attitude and behaviours are more important than your previous career background. Therefore whilst previous care experience is desirable it is not essential and we'll provide all the training and support you need to thrive. You don't need any qualifications to get started as a Care Assistant.
You will have a kind, warm and caring nature and be able to work well as part of a team but also use your own initiative. Patience, communication and listening skills are equally important. So, if you have the ability to change someone's mood, lift spirits and truly care for those around you, we'd love to hear from you.
For more information about the role please review the attached job description.
You will be joining an organisation with strong values, a highly supportive culture and a commitment to the safety and wellbeing of employees. In addition, you will work alongside highly motivated colleagues in an environment of strong teamwork whilst also having fun. This is a hugely rewarding role and a career to be proud of where every day you will go home knowing you made a positive difference to the lives of older people.
In addition to a highly competitive salary, we offer a lot more:
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) and an option to buy annual leave.
- Life assurance.
- A discount scheme which includes savings with retail stores and online purchases.
- Access to a number of nationally recognised training courses and qualifications.
- Genuine career progression and development opportunities.
- Employee assistance programme including free counselling and legal advice.
- Access to chaplaincy and pastoral support.
- Access to wellbeing resources.
- Recommend a friend scheme.
- Family friendly policies.
- Long service awards.
- Free uniform and DBS check.
- Cycle2Work salary sacrifice scheme.
- Healthcare scheme at competitive rates.
About the home
The Fairways care home is situated in The Fairways Retirement Village in Chippenham and provides residential and residential dementia care for our 60 residents, in modern yet homely en suite accommodation.
We're situated in lovely gardens, overlooking a golf course. It's a wonderfully calm and welcoming space, where our passionate team deliver personalised care in a warm, supportive and safe environment. For more information about the home, please click here.
Please note that interviews may take place prior to the closing date and if a suitable candidate is appointed the role may close early.