Junior Fibre Planner - Hampshire - £35,000
Your new company
This is an exciting op[opportunity to join a tech-first ISP with ambitious plans for 2021.
Your new role
Ideal for someone looking to become a Fibre Planner!
- Oversee the production of detailed low-level designs by the design partner for new build FTTP network.
- Lead joint walk out surveys in the field with representatives from design partner, build partner and build manager. Capture all feedback and changes agreed in the field.
- Document agreed changes on a marked up design and communicate with the design partner in order to produce a final ready for construction detailed design.
- Manage and implement incoming in life design change requests from the build managers and build partner.
- Assist in undertaking audits for completed network builds to enable the production of as-builts and Openreach PIA build complete documentation.
- To review implemented designs and re-iterate the planning guidelines to improve the overall quality and cost effectiveness of the network design.
- Flexibility to work across multiple aspects of the E2E planning process
- To look for ways to utilise as much existing infrastructure in the design as is possible and practical, particularly Openreach PIA ducts and poles.
- Maintain and update Detailed Network Design Guidelines for the FTTP access network
What you'll need to succeed
- At least five years as a Network Planner/Designer on fibre access networks. FTTP networks would be preferable, but not essential.
- Experience of designing using Openreach PIA 'Ducts and Poles Access' preferable, but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Eye for detail, and a determination to maintain accurate network records.
- Current, and proficient user of GIS systems. Experience in using GE Smallworld preferable, but not essential.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a fantastic benefits package which includes a 5% bonus each year.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.