Talking Therapies Senior CBT Therapist or Highly Specialised Clinical/Counselling or Health Psychologist
**At the moment, due to Covid-19, we are all remote working so this position for the foreseeable future will be remote. However your base will be down as: Newbury West Berkshire. As an organisation remote working is something we are continuously reviewing and considering for the longer term to support flexibility for our staff. **
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust can provide you with a dynamic, people-centered environment, where you will be empowered to support patients with complex conditions, adopting a personalised approach to patient care that maximises independence, choice and control, following our philosophy of enabling people to reach and maintain their optimum level of health and wellbeing.
We value our employees and put people first. As a Global Digital Exemplar, we will provide you with an excellent working environment that has just been recognised as ‘Outstanding’ in our latest CQC inspection, which found that “The trust consistently encouraged and supported staff to innovate and develop new ideas’. You will be able to be part of a driven, high quality trust and service, while working remotely, giving you the flexibility you need to balance work and home life.
The post holder will be part of an Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) service and will provide High Intensity interventions - Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Clinical Supervision where required, working with clients who have a range of complex Anxiety and Depression related problems for which CBT is demonstrated to be clinically effective. This will include up to 50% of clinical delivery via a digital mode.
About the Job
• To provide high quality, short term, evidence-based therapy to people with common mental health problems self-referred, referred by GP’s and others to Talking Therapies West/East.
• To work as part of a locality team within Talking Therapies; Berkshire’s IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapy) Service.
• To work as part of the existing Mental Health service structure across the Trust establishing and maintaining appropriate links with both primary and secondary elements of the service.
• The jobholder will be required to work flexibly to cover the service hours of 8am – 8pm Monday –Thursday and 8am – 5pm Friday. This will include one evening a week plus an additional evening when covering groups or courses or as required by the service.
Some of the benefits of joining our team:
• AfC Salary ranging from £38,890 - £44,503 per annum
• Flexible working opportunities and a strong emphasis on your work, life balance
• Annual leave – 27 days for new starters, plus bank holidays. Increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years NHS service. Pro rata for part time staff
• Excellent learning and development opportunities
• Salary sacrifice scheme for a new car
• Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave for eligible staff
• Advanced IT enablement and support
• Confidential telephone care service providing independent support and advice for staff.
• And so much more
The 3 “must haves” for you to be considered for this role:
1. Will have a qualification in one of the following at graduate level in counselling/clinical psychology, nursing, social work, occupational therapy, arts therapy or within a psychological therapy.
2. Able to develop good therapeutic relationships with clients
3. Experience of working in mental health services
Berkshire Healthcare has a record of achievement and success that places us as one of the best performing Trusts in the country. We are rated ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC, we have a history of strong financial performance and we have a highly skilled and engaged workforce. We aspire to be an outstanding organisation for everyone: our people, our patients, their families, and their carers. For our people who work here that means we want Berkshire Healthcare to be a great place to work where everyone can thrive and grow.
If you recognise yourself in these requirements, we would recommend you apply today!
We are happy to answer any questions that you may have. Please don’t hesitate to call: Nicole Howard on 0300 365 2000 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org’ll be delighted to help.
In addition to a competitive salary, as a valued member of our team, you will receive generous annual leave, have access to a car salary sacrifice scheme (available to all permanent staff over the age of 21), support with childcare and, as a respected member of the NHS, discounts from high street retailers and restaurants.
We’d love to welcome you to our warm, friendly team, who want to help you to make your career reflect your ambitions.
This advert closes on Thursday 22 Apr 2021
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident