Are you ready for the next step in your career?
Do you want a role will develop you and support your progression within the Welfare to Work Industry?
Consider the role of an Adviser Manager at Reed in Partnership!
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
This contract aims to bring people and businesses together in the area to help the community thrive, helping people to find sustainable employment as well as an emphasis on supporting people into better paid jobs. With the opportunity to deliver in work support for up to one year, you will get the chance to make a real impact on our member’s lives.
In this role you would be responsible for managing two Employment Advisers as well as a reduced caseload of around 20-25 people. We are keen to aide your development within this role and you would get the opportunity to support with monthly meetings with the commissioner, creating action plans and supporting the development of your reports.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Acting as a part fee earner against agreed targets
- Conducting outreach activity and support Employment Advisers to gain attachments from outreach.
- Identifying skills gaps and co-ordinating training needs
- Regular informal one-2-one reviews, provide input into the monthly CAR process, bi-annual reviews and Performance Development Reviews
- Coaching of co-members by delegating responsibilities
- Weekly and Monthly checks of all KPI’s
- Utilising Management Information tools to monitor performance, trends and best practice
- Assist the Operations Manager in preparing and delivering presentations at partner events
- Monitoring customer services and resolving basic/informal Member/Co-Member complaints
- Escalating complaints where necessary to the Operations Manager
What’s in it for you?
Alongside a generous base salary, you will have the freedom to run your team independently, access our wider career development framework and payment progression plans. With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.
Required skills and experience:
- Evidence of experience in or a desire to progress into a sales management role including the supervision of an individuals'/teams’ delivery and/or output.
- A personal track record of working towards and achieving targets (minimum 1 year experience) gained in an Employment Adviser or Employment Trainer or equivalent role.
- Evidence of experience in or a desire to progress into a people management role including supporting, mentoring and coaching and developing an individual.
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma
- GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
- Access to own vehicle
- Strong administration and written communication/keeping record keeping skills.
- Experience of working in a fast paced performance target driven environment, such experience may include working within the following sectors/fields; Professional Services (Banking, Finance and Recruitment etc) or Retail etc.
- Experience of managing a business to business sales process.
- Degree or relevant qualification. Degree topics may include; psychology, sociology, social care/science. Relevant qualifications would include Information Advice and Guidance NVQs, Brokerage Standard, Social Work qualifications.
Disability Confident Commitment
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident