We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
We are looking for an experienced Data Lead to oversee the development and use of data systems. You will discover efficient ways to organize, store and analyze data with attention to security and confidentiality.
Home based role with occasional travel.
• Design, develop & maintain efficient, repeatable and appropriately-scaled solutions to support data cleansing, migration and reconciliation activities using Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL, Integration Services and related tools.
• Define & document the requirements (including non-technical ones) of data migration solutions. Ensure, through close collaboration with the business and project team, that requirements are comprehensive so that software is fit for purpose when it goes live.
• Take the lead in data migration workshops with the client, as required
• Work alongside analysts and testers to meet requirements through database schema design work, to support acceptance criteria and technical designs
• Provide performance-tuning advice and expertise for SQL Server
• Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks in SQL Server databases
• Manage MS SQL Server database environments that support data migration and backups and recoveries in test environments
• Work alongside Report development team to generate reports within SQL Server Reporting Services using Microsoft Visual Studio and SQL Server Data Tools
What we're looking for:
• Excellent working knowledge of the functionality and capabilities of Microsoft SQL Server 2016.
• Excellent working knowledge of T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services and ETL processes and patterns
• Excellent working knowledge of data modelling, data management and data manipulation, code management and version control
• Excellent working knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services with Microsoft Visual Studio and SQL Server Data Tools
• Excellent working knowledge of performance-tuning tips and techniques for SQL Server databases
• Good working knowledge of SQL Server Database Administrator skills
• Ability to understand business requirements and create software solutions that work within agreed technical designs
• Ability to mentor other team members and transfer skills to them
• Self-motivated and willing to "do what it takes" to get the job done
• Capable of reasoning and thinking through problems and developing desired solutions, independently or with others as required
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Good attention to detail.
What's in it for you?
• A competitive basic salary
• 23 days' holiday (rising to 27 ) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
• The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
• Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
• Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
• Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident