Senior Firmware Engineer
An exciting position has become available for a full-time Senior Firmware Engineer based in Hook, Hampshire. The successful candidate will earn £50,000 per annum.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a proactive and hardworking individual to join a busy and fast-paced team.
This role is currently home-based but attendance at the Hook, Hampshire site may be required.
• You will need demonstrable experience, (ideally around 5 years) in C or C++ language, Linux Build Systems, such as Yocto or Buildroot, as well as scripting languages e.g., Python, and, ideally, 3-5 years’ experience and knowledge of System-on-Chip devices used in IoT product designs, e.g., ST, NXP, Microchip, Renesas.
• For this role, IoT and Linux System Development experience are essential
• Experience developing firmware to interface with wireless technology, including some of: 2G-4G & LTE Modems, NB-IoT, LoRa, ZigBee, BLE, Wi-Fi, and NFC, as well as Device Driver development experience for sensors e.g., Temp, Humidity, Accelerometer, Gyro, Gas, Capacitance, Light, Current, Voltage, etc.
• Desirable would be experience of sending data to the Cloud (e.g., AWS) using TCP, UDP or MQTT, and experience of JAVA and Android App development.
• You should have ambition and tenacity to drive a design forward as we are looking for people who want to progress in their career at the company.
• As a Senior Firmware Engineer you will be developing firmware and hardware-level software and support tools.
• The role will involve architecting, specifying, designing, developing, and testing, embedded firmware solutions for RTOS and Linux based devices, predominantly for IoT Consumer and Industrial products, but experience in Automotive and Medical is also beneficial.
Our client a specialist Contract Electronics Manufacturer, serving world-class customers in high-reliability industries by providing a complete set of electronics design and manufacturing solutions in both printed circuit board assembly (PCBA) and full box-build manufacturing.
They have a longstanding and enviable history of supply excellence to the aerospace and defence sectors. This ranges from cockpit avionics through to in-flight entertainment systems.
The successful candidate will receive the following benefits:
• Excellent career opportunities
• 23 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
• Company Pension after three months of employment
• Health Cash Back Scheme after probationary period
Why should you apply?
• To join a fantastic company
• To become part of a great team
• To showcase your knowledge and skill set
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: Senior Firmware Engineer, C or C++ language, Linux Build Systems, Yocto, Buildroot, ST, NXP, Microchip, Renesas, 2G-4G & LTE Modems, NB-IoT, LoRa, ZigBee, BLE, Wi-Fi, and NFC, Java, TCP, UDP, MQTT