** Previous Applicants need not to reapply**
What’s special about this opportunity?
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust can provide you with a dynamic, people-centered environment, where you will be empowered to support patients with complex conditions, adopting a personalised approach to patient care that maximises independence, choice and control, following our philosophy of enabling people to reach and maintain their optimum level of health and wellbeing.
We value our employees and put people first. As a Global Digital Exemplar, we will provide you with an excellent working environment that has just been recognised as ‘Outstanding’ in our latest CQC inspection, which found that “The trust consistently encouraged and supported staff to innovate and develop new ideas’. Evidencing this we are excited to offer this position as a remote working post. You will be able to be part of a driven, high quality trust and service, while working remotely, giving you the flexibility you need to balance work and home life.
We have an exciting opportunity for an accredited Counsellor to join the highly successful IAPT Talking Therapies service in locations across Berkshire. Your base will be in Newbury but currently we are all working remotely.
High Intensity Therapist
The post holder will be part of an Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) service and will provide high quality, short term, evidence-based counselling to people with common mental health problems who have self-referred, been referred by GPs and other referrers to Talking Therapies.
In addition to clinical work, the post holder will spend 20% of their time each week to support senior colleagues to meet service objectives to ensure the smooth running of the service, management of staff, developing new ways of working and ensuring all targets are met. The remainder of the time (80%) will be spent delivering clinically for the service.
The post holder will work with people with different cultural backgrounds and ages, using interpreters when necessary and should be committed to equal opportunities. The jobholder will be required to work flexibly to cover the service hours of 8am – 8pm Monday –Thursday and 8am – 5pm Friday. This will include one evening a week plus an additional evening when covering groups or courses or as required by the service.
Some of the benefits of joining our team:
• Salary ranging from£38,890 - £44,503 per annum
• High cost area supplementsprovided for some locations
• Flexible workingopportunities and a strong emphasis onwork life balance
• Annual leave – 27 days for new starters, 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years NHS service plus8 days bank holidays
• Excellentlearning and developmentopportunities
• Salary sacrificescheme for anew car
• Lease car scheme
• Generousmaternity,paternityandadoption leavefor eligible staff
• AdvancedIT enablement and support
• Confidential telephone care service providing independent staffsupport and advice
• And so much more
The “must haves” for you to be considered for this role:
1. Will be BACP accreditation or other IAPT recognised accreditation e.g. NCS, UKCP
2. Be trained in an IAPT modality e.g. PE-CfD, CTFD, DIT, or IPT
3. Able to develop good therapeutic relationships with clients
4. Experience of working in the NHS
5. Experience of management and supervision
If you recognise yourself in these requirements, we would recommend you apply today! We’d love to welcome you to our warm, friendly team, who want to help you to make your career reflect your ambitions.
If you share our passion for people and the dedication to provide high quality services to clients, we’d love to hear from you.
We are happy to answer any questions that you may have. Please don’t hesitate to call Michele Burden on 0300 365 2000 or email: email@example.com who’ll be delighted to help.
In addition to a competitive salary, as a valued member of our team, you will receive generous annual leave, have access to a car salary sacrifice scheme (available to all permanent staff over the age of 21), support with childcare and, as a respected member of the NHS, discounts from high street retailers and restaurants.
We’d love to welcome you to our warm, friendly team, who want to help you to make your career reflect your ambitions.
This advert closes on Thursday 22 Apr 2021
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident