Hertfordshire Care Providers Association (HCPA) is a unique award-winning company set up to support adult care providers within Hertfordshire to raise quality standards of care. We are a non-profit member’s association. We support over 500 care organisations to improve the quality of care they provide across a variety of projects such as staff training and providing information and guidance. We also provide additional services and projects such as a fully funded Recruitment service, Impartial Feedback services and the Stop Falls Campaign.
We are now recruiting for a Adult Social Care Business Coach to mentor and support adult social care providers to develop their services in line with HCPA business development and continuity tools, HCC monitoring requirements and CQC inspection outcomes. The overall objective is to raise the quality of the service and ensure the business is resilient.
Why work for HCPA?
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Working from home temporarily due to COVID-19, office based in Welwyn Garden City
An annual salary of £34,000
This is a 12-month renewable contract.
High Street Discounts / Cashback and Care Academy Benefits
Pension / Sickness Scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
36 days holiday pro rata (Including 8 Bank Holidays)
Annual Care Awards
Team building days and team events.
Friendly and supportive team
What does the role of Adult Social Care Business Coach involve?
The role will involve providing direct 1:1 support to care providers who have received action plans via the Business Continuity Planning project, but who need some extra support and coaching to put these in place within their care service. Some of these care providers could have faced challenges that they were not prepared for during COVID-19 and this support will ensure they are prepared for any unforeseen circumstances in the future.
Your day-to-day duties will include:
· Work with the Principal Business Development Manager to understand the needs of services referred for the Business Continuity Service.
· Create tools and toolkits which may be useful for smaller providers to use
· Create and implement mentoring strategies and support for providers on an individual basis depending on need.
· Provide targeted mentoring/coaching sessions with identified manager/proprietor to maximise successful outcomes for the service.
· Work closely with HCC Monitoring Teams and establish a working referral service fostering good relationships. Attending stakeholder meetings regularly.
· Keep up to date with care sector developments, initiatives, and news to support knowledge.
· Engage providers with HCPA services and tools.
· Write up support plans and update template with new information monthly.
· Complete monthly highlight reports and case studies.
· Share anonymised case studies through the HCPA website to highlight learning.
· Review services offered and continue to develop and innovate the offer.
· Administration – keep records of interventions and record and monitor outcomes.
· Link with succession planning projects and other leadership education to engage leaders by guest speaking on training programmes, events and one to one on best practice in leadership in crisis.
· Aim to take on the Business Continuity Planning education offer for HCPA via direct delivery of courses (training will be provided).
· Work flexibly to support the Business Development Team which may involve activities not listed above that will be commensurate to the post.
Am I the right candidate for the Adult Social Care Business Coach position?
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who is friendly and approachable and can build rapport with providers and help them to improve their business continuity plans, We also want someone who has experience turning around care companies, such as managing a care company out of an Inadequate or Requires Improvement CQC rating, who will have credibility when supporting care managers and directors.
We are also looking for you to have:
Passion and enthusiasm to raise the standard of quality of care
A proven track record managing care services and turnaround projects
Excellent communication skills, including mentoring and coaching to develop others
Credibility with partners
Level 5 Leadership in Care qualification
A business/workplace coaching qualification is desirable or a willingness to complete this
Driving license and own car for with business use insurance
If you are interested in the Adult Social Care Business Coach vacancy and feel you have the relevant experience, please apply now. You can see more of what we do at www.hcpa.info/
We will be looking to fill this vacancy as soon as possible.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident