Financial Compliance Manager
07 April 2021
£32,000 per year
07 May 2021
Canary Wharf, East London
ABM Global Compliance UK Ltd
Apply for this job
• Lead compliance department to fulfil client’s requirement as per the regulatory guidelines in specified time.
• Develop and implement company policies and regulations.
• Develop and monitor control systems to deal with violations of legal rules and internal policies.
• Regularly assess the efficiency of control systems and recommend effective improvements.
• Review and evaluate company procedures and reports to identify hidden risks or common issues.
• Develop, maintain, update and implement compliance and risk policies, procedures, manuals, and programmes to reflect best practice and regulatory and industry requirements
• Deal with the compliance requirement of FCA Regulated Businesses Specially EMIs.
• Deal with application process for authorization of SPI, API and EMI clients.
• Provide clear guidance on AML processes & controls and implement policies to adhere to requirements
• Act as a point of contact for compliance issues, ensuring that any problems are dealt with appropriately and rectified within agreed SLA's
• Advice clients about Compliance Risks within the organisation & work to establish controls.
• Ensure the firm's Financial Crime/Money Laundering procedures are always kept up to date and staff notified of changes
• Communicate with clients and address any concerns they have about ethical or other compliance matters within a department or division
• Investigate irregularities and non-compliance issues in the company and advise accordingly for swift action
• Conduct & lead compliance risk assessment training workshops and employee training sessions on legal and compliance issues.
• Must have strong knowledge of FCA Regulations, FCA Handbooks, FCA Authorization procedures for EMIs and APIs
• Must have knowledge of the AML Regulations, Sourcebook (SYSC), EMRs, Joint Money Laundering Steering Group (JMLSG) Guidance and other relevant financial crime legislation, including the Anti-Corruption and Bribery Act
• Proficient in finance, accounting, planning and budgeting, risk, compliance, internal controls and staff leadership.
• Good understanding of payments sector and regulatory compliance
• Candidate must have a professional Certification like ACCA,ACAMS,ICAEW or ICA.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in PI and EMI application processes and hands on experience to work with FCA.
• Minimum 3 years industry experience in auditing and compliance checks
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with proactive approach
• Must have experience of working on deadline oriented projects with minimal supervision
• Ability to manage all the assigned tasks in an efficient and timely manner
• Must have strong working knowledge about FCA EMI, API and SPI Application processes.
• Candidate must be educated to Master degree level
• Well aware of international regulatory bodies FATF , APG and their guidelines for risk assessments and high risk jurisdictions.
• Have International exposure to work with EU and Asian regulatory bodies
Apply for this job