Business Development Director
- £60,000 - £70,000 - Negotiable based on experience
- Car/Car Allowance, Pension, and Healthcare
- Excellent future progression and development opportunities
- Covering Birmingham to Cumbria
We are BaxterStorey, an independent hospitality food service provider operating in the UK, Ireland and Europe specialising in restaurants, cafes, deli bars and exclusive dining rooms for clients and customers in business and industry.
We pride ourselves on our love for fresh, local, seasonal produce not just because we believe it tastes better, but because it has a big environmental impact, from reducing food miles, to huge social benefits supporting local suppliers and businesses.
As a Business Development Director, you will proactively represent BaxterStorey in all pipeline activity and geographical area growth, achieve sales targets, gaining business within the geographical boundaries, at target levels of gross profit and from the desired business profile.
- Liaise with operational and support colleagues to ensure their positive input to proposals, presentations, and site visits.
- Build a strong pipeline and ensure excellent conversation rates.
- Ensure that all prospective business meets company requirements regarding minimum earnings.
- Ensure financial elements of tenders and proposals are accurate, achievable and represent commercial value for clients and customers.
- Produce timetables/progress dates for all proposals, ensuring that support colleagues are aware of their commitments.
- Day-to-day management of Business Development Managers within your team to include achievement of sales targets
- Achievement of personal and team sales target as agreed with Sales Director.
- Weekly reporting to Sales Director of performance and activity for the team
- Development of a close working relationship with your Regional Managing Director and their team
- Attend the first quarterly review meeting with new clients, join patch meetings and present sales updates on a regular basis.
What would we like from our Business Development Director:
- MUST have experience working within Contract Catering/hospitality.
- Strong and demonstratable sales background
- Able to close both local and national bids.
- Keen to develop into a more senior role within a team.
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment and enjoys success.
- Solid organisational skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and confidently both verbally and written at all levels.
- Keen to make your mark in the sector by being at the heart of a regional team and leading sales opportunities.
- Excellent customer focused manner.
- Committed to delivering service excellence.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- General database usage.
Find out more about us at www.baxterstorey.com
Ready to join us? Apply today!