Salary: £9.50 - £9.99 per hour depending on qualifications + Benefits
Location: Hendon, England
Contract: 0-hour contract
Shifts: Hours of working are between 7am and 10pm, including working some weekends and evenings.
We are currently recruiting a Bank Care and Support Worker to join us in our client’s new build retirement living Service, in central Hendon.
You will be working in a friendly, interesting, and compassionate team in a new build complex of 32 apartments in the heart of Hendon in North West London. Your responsibilities will include:
• Implementing and monitoring care & support plans to meet the individual needs of a diverse group of tenants.
• Check tenant’s well-being on a regular basis, as directed according to their needs as detailed in their care, support and risk plans.
• Providing personal care, emotional and practical support to tenants and recognising when there are changes in a person’s needs.
• You will need to make decisions independently and develop trusting and respectful relationships with all members of the team, tenants, and their families.
• Contributing to building community spirit within the resource through participating, encouraging, enabling and facilitating social events that meet the needs of diverse tenants.
• Assisting with the preparation and provision of hot meals, communally or individually in tenant flats, observing Kashrut procedures always.
• Responding to emergencies.
Desirable experience and qualifications
• NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care.
• Previous experience within a care setting.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships.
Why you'll love working with us
No matter how young or old you are, if you want to make a real difference in people's lives, they will reward you for your hard work and dedication. On top of providing some of the most competitive pay rates in the care industry, they offer excellent benefits, including:
• 4% employer pension contribution
• Employee referral bonus scheme
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• Comprehensive 6-week induction programme
• Free meals
• Wellbeing & staff recognition initiatives
Apply today to avoid missing out!
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident