Do you have experience of leading a validation or claims function?
Salary: £33,000 - £39,000
Full time, Permanent
Do you have demonstrable experience of successful team performance management?
Consider the role of a Validations Manager at Reed in Partnership!
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
Please note: We are currently bidding on a number of contract package areas for the new government Restart scheme, the outcome of which is due to be announced by the 16th April 2021. Final stage interviews will take place from the 19th April 2021 onward. This role is an expression of interest for potential future opportunities within Reed in Partnership.
What the job is about
The Validations Manager will lead on the implementation, development and integration of a validation function across the business and across a portfolio of government and public sector contracts. Leading a team of Validations Executives, you will develop and implement fit for purpose processes, reports, systems and controls that provide assurance to the business that all performance is validated and claimed in a timely manner. This will include the effective communication, coaching and training of these processes and controls. The role will have responsibility for the performance management of the team, resource deployment and provision of management information and reports.
Your main responsibilities would include:
- Take the lead on the strategic development of our Internal Validation function, ensuring there are clear frameworks in place and these are embedded within the business.
- Supporting the development a high performing, transactional, quality driven team.
- Support existing and new business streams to implement and take ownership validation processes and transactional activity
- Development and production of easy to understand, timely management information that enables the business to proactively identify compliance with process and contractual requirements
- Contributing to the design and ongoing development of process and procedural documentation in conjunction with compliance, operational management and contractual requirements
What's in it for you?
Alongside a generous base salary, you will have access to our wider career development framework and payment progression plans. With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.
Required Skills & Experience
- Exposure and understanding of contractual requirements within provision/services commissioned by government bodies e.g. DWP, ESFA provision.
- Experience of leading a validation, claims function or equivalent.
- Demonstrable successful performance management of a team.
- Practical experience of database management and the processing of complex information.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of excel; and intermediate knowledge of other Office packages.
- Experience of providing a high quality advisory and guidance service to internal customers
- Must be willing to travel as and when the business requires it.
- Direct experience of the Welfare to Work / Skills sectors.
- Exposure and understanding of contractual requirements of at least DWP or ESFA provision.
- Experience of contributing to the design and training of process requirements through the interrogation of contractual guidance and operational working methods
- Demonstrable experience of management of multiple (in tandem) projects
Disability Confident Commitment
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident