2gether Support Solutions provides facilities, property, procurement and professional services to one of the largest NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Project Manager to support on Capital projects, on a 6 month Fixed-Term basis.
The successful applicant will support delivery of capital projects across the healthcare estates, ensuring that projects are delivered on time, on budget, and meeting client expectations. The project manager will also ensure that good stakeholder engagement and governance is in place for all projects, with safe delivery being at the forefront of all work.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Manage external consultants (architects, structural engineers, quantity surveyors, mechanical and electrical engineers) engaged on projects and to ensure delivery on time and within budget.
- Responsible for ensuring that building/engineering design conform to current statutory legislation and guidance.
- Be responsible and accountable for the management of the project budget, ensuring the project takes into consideration the operational cost post implementation (whole life project costing).
- Manage and co-ordinate the work of Design Engineers within the Design Team and, where appropriate, external professional consultants.
- To deliver excellent communications with all internal and external stakeholders, throughout the project lifetime.
- To manage the design, development and construction process to ensure compliance with industry and 2gether Support Solutions good practice, quality assurance, site standards, cost control, programme management and co-ordinate and maintain up to date project files for all schemes for audit purposes.
The ideal candidate will have a proven background in project management of Capital projects, and excellent communication and relationship management skills. They will also have:
- Strong budgetary skills and excellent numeric abilities.
- Experience of working at a senior management level in a complex environment.
- A successful negotiator, with the ability to organise/plan and influence key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to take own initiative, managing and driving forward deliverables and developments.
2gether Support Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.2gether holds the right to withdraw an offer of employment where a candidate is unable to satisfactorily meet the requirements of the pre-employment checks and employment policies.
We also reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
Please note your application will be processed through our applicant tracking system (TRAC). We endeavour to respond to all applications within two working days of the vacancy closing date.