HGV/LGV Driver with HIAB in York
We are Buildbase
We are Buildbase, we employ approximately 2500 brilliant people and we work from around 150 branches around the UK.
What we do
What we do is really simple, we sell building materials to the trade and public. We’re a ‘roll your sleeves up’ business with a can-do attitude and we take pride in serving our local tradespeople and communities.
What we’re doing about COVID-19
Like most businesses, we have had to change the way we do things to make sure all our colleagues are working safely during COVID-19. As a Driver, your job means you will interact with lots of different people during the day, so we have introduced a set of Safer Operating Procedures which include:
- Additional PPE supplied to you to ensure a clean and sanitized vehicle
- Kerbside deliveries
- No delivery signatures required
- Social distancing in place in all of our branches
- Regular cleaning of your cab
The role of a Driver
As a Driver, you will be delivering building materials to building sites and homes, as well as re-loading your vehicle back at the branch and completing regular vehicle checks.
What you need
You’ll need both Class 2 and HIAB licences with a Driver Qualification Card, but what we really value most is personality and work ethic. The role of a Driver is critical to the branch performance, so if you’re a team player and happy to get stuck in then we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll get in return
- 23 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- The chance to join Grab – our one stop shop for all things discounts, benefits, communications and recognition
- Company bonus scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- Awards where our colleagues are recognised quarterly and annually
- A generous staff discount scheme
- A range of training and development programmes to help you progress your career
We have a set of values which we strongly believe in. If they speak to you then we have something in common!
We have the know-how We get stuck in We stand together We get it done
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status