The Business Solutions team is responsible for design, build and system test across a suite of applications to shape solutions that can support our business and add value to the services we provide.
The SAP Finance Consultant will work across the Compass UK & Ireland business sectors and supporting functions to support the implementation and enhancement of strategic Finance predominantly in the SAP space. They will work with other Digital and Technology teams, key 3rd strategic partners and the wider business enhancing and developing the existing Compass SAP Finance systems and supporting the migration of legacy finance systems to ECC6 and a new strategic SAP S/4 HANA solution.
- To work with our Business Partnering and Architecture teams to manage the demand pipeline and capital investments determining business readiness, rationale, priorities and ROI
- To undertake technical impact assessments, analysis work, design, technical specification, configuration and unit testing within the Finance and Controlling functional areas
- To work with our external development partners to deliver new Finance functionality. This will include core Finance processes, Bank processing, inbound / outbound data integration between SAP ECC6 and other SAAS based applications.
- To provide SAP Finance technical capabilities to our Product Support team
- Work collaboratively with other IT project teams to ensure quality solutions are delivered
- To provide SAP technical expertise to projects migrating legacy finance systems to SAP
- Develop product roadmaps and services to support decommissions, enhancements and any rationalisation that deliver UK&I or sector wide value
We are looking for an experienced SAP Finance professional with excellent consultancy skills. You’ll have excellent time management and prioritisation skills as there is a high volume of work requests. You’ll engage with a variety of stakeholders and be involved in ongoing process improvements, so the ability to adapt to change is important.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong ‘subject matter expertise’ & a maturity in approach when engaging with and supporting the IT Leadership team & the wider Business in general.
- The job holder must have excellent communication, listening and negotiation skills in order to articulate ideas and thoughts clearly through various means, including written and oral communications with all levels of the organisation.
- Possess excellent organisational & analytical skills with an ability to work independently.
- A ‘can do' attitude with a proven ability to work at pace and drive change in an organisation.
- Ability to work on their own, to meet project timelines and drive out resolutions to problems.
- Demonstrate good problem-solving abilities with the necessary urgency and responsiveness to incidents, problems and their resolution
- An organised working practice with a mature and calm approach to all user situations
- Ability to write clear procedures including technical and user documentation
- A sound knowledge of Finance processes
- Extensive experience in SAP Finance and Controlling configuration specifically:
- Previouse SAP FICO experience across 3 or more life cycles
- Knowledge of SAP S/4 HANA;
- Core SAP Finance skills across but not limited to AP, AR, GL, AA;
- SD, MM, HR integration skills;
- Integrated Planning;
- SAP Finance certification
- Knowledge and expertise of MM and SD
- Experience of building interfaces to/from SAP and/or EC and understanding of BAPI’s, function modules and iDocs