An exciting opportunity to work with one of the world's leading news and media organisations on a portfolio of award-winning, global, consumer-facing products.
The multi-disciplinary Digital and Technology team at BBC Global News is responsible for several of the BBC’s international products which reach over 100m users globally every month. This includes, but is not limited to:
As Senior Product Manager, you will be empowered to define and deliver an ambitious roadmap for these products that has meaningful impact against our overall inherent goals and objectives.
You will do this by understanding the needs of our audience and our stakeholders and work collaboratively with the wider team to deliver upon them.
- To own the full product lifecycle of a set of products and services that include recent launches and emerging ideas.
- To lead day-to-day prioritisation and work with project management to ensure delivery of the most important thing.
- To be a voice for our users, ensuring that their needs are at the heart of our propositions.
- To work closely with stakeholders, to understand their requirements and priorities, in order to develop a shared product and content strategy and drive the product direction against it.
- To build relationships with other areas of the BBC key to the successful delivery of our products and services.
- Has demonstrable experience of product management of digital products including product lifecycle management, roadmap definition, product shaping and prioritisation.
- Has worked in software development and has, ideally, an understanding of media and working within a complex, global organisation.
- Is commercially savvy and understands how to deliver against challenging revenue related goals.
- Is a team player comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Can use data and a build - measure - learn approach to drive product development and data driven decision-making.
- Is comfortable working with and communicating to senior stakeholders that are based globally.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident