Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust Staff Bank
The Staff Bank Department is a dedicated team aiming to provide a quality service to Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust. The Staff Bank strives to support our Hospitals with competent and reliable nursing staff who will be able to provide the highest level of service to our patients.
We are absolutely committed to ensuring that our patients have the best possible experience within our hospitals. We seek people who are committed to delivering outstanding patient care, whatever their role, and who take pride in what they do. We place a high value on treating all patients, visitors and colleagues with respect and dignity, and seek people who strive for excellence in all that they do.
Join our staff bank and be a valued member of the team.
Band 2 Healthcare Assistants
We are recruiting for highly motivated and talented Healthcare Assistants who are looking for flexible work with our Staff Bank. By joining the Staff Bank you put yourself on the top of the list for any wards requiring extra staff throughout the Trust. We have numerous long or short days and night shifts available each week. Lines of work are also available in a number of clinical areas for the right candidates.
- At least 6 months experience working in the NHS acute hospital setting as an HCA
- Have great communication and interpersonal skills with an enthusiastic approach to the provision of quality care.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the importance of supportive and flexible team working.
- Be willing and enthusiastic to undertake the Fundamental Care Certificate competencies within 450 hours of bank shifts. We will support you to complete the competencies successfully for your professional development.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
Working Bank shifts is easy:
We value all of our staff and aim to provide rewarding careers and benefits, fulfilling work environments and exciting opportunities
Benefits for you
- Efficient recruitment process
- Complimentary Mandatory training
- Free Trust uniform
- You can browse and book your own shifts on Employee Online.
- You have priority to book the shifts that you want – work when and where you like.
- Flexibility of shift times and locations
- Competitive pay rates with weekly payment for the shifts you have worked
- Timesheets are no longer required, making your pay fast and on time.
- You can view your roster online – no need to call to confirm shifts.
- Great opportunity to progress within the Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and gain experience
- Friendly team environment
- Lines of work
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is made up of five hospitals; Charing Cross, Hammersmith, Queen Charlotte's and Chelsea, St Mary's and the Western Eye Hospitals. As well as integrating with Imperial College London, we are one of the largest acute trusts in the UK. Employing almost 10,000 staff, offering more than 50 clinical specialties, and with one of the largest portfolios of services in the country, we have one million patient contacts a year.
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust Values
As an organisation we expect everyone to be
We are considerate and thoughtful, so you feel respected and included.
- We put people first
- We listen, notice and respond
- We see things from others’ point of view
- Notice when someone needs help
- Make eye contact and smile
- Introduce ourselves by name and role
- Actively listen and respond to others
- Make time for meaningful interactions
We actively seek others’ views and ideas, so we achieve more together.
- We work as a team
- We’re open and approachable
- We’re adaptable
We draw on our diverse skills, knowledge and experience, so we provide the best possible care.
- We’re informed and up to date
- We’re reliable
- We’re responsible
We are receptive and responsive to new thinking, so we never stop learning, discovering and improving.
- We strive for excellence
- We embrace innovation
- We champion better care
Contact a friendly member of our recruitment team on 0203 312 7881 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you check your emails regularly as this is how we will communicate with you throughout the recruitment process. Please note that due to a high volume of applications, if you have not been contacted in two weeks your application has been unsuccessful