Job Title and Grade: Band 7 Pharmacist
Location/Trust: Princess Alexandra Hospital, Pharmacy Department, Harlow, CM20 1QX
Department Covered: Pharmacy
Pay Rates: £23.90
Placement Ref/ID: 36426
Are you a Pharmacist? Do not stretch yourself…join the bank for flexibility in how you work.
Would you like to be part of a team that has a real supportive and inclusive ethos and sense of community, in a Trust rated ‘Outstanding’ in a recent CQC report, working in a location with all the benefits of coast and country living with the convenience of big city life?
If you answered ‘yes’ to the above, we’d love to hear from you!
We have long term placement opportunities available for Band 7 Pharmacist available at Princess Alexandra Hospital, specifically providing the following:
- To participate in the professional pharmaceutical provision of Pharmacy services to, the Trust and external providers.
- To provide other clinical pharmacy cover, including near to patient roles, as required.
- To support the work of designated directorate pharmacists, other senior staff and to deputise for them, in their absence.
- To be involved in specified project or group work.
- The post will include an Emergency duty commitment
To apply for this post, you will:
- Pharmacy Degree
- Registered with GPhC
- Certificate in General pharmacy practice
- Diploma (or ability to complete) in Clinical/general Pharmacy Practice.
- Ability to complete supplementary/independent prescribing qualification if service needs require it.
- Experience of Clinical Pharmacy Services at Ward Level.
- Experience of project work.
- Experience of risk management.
- Experience of Hospital Dispensing Services.
- Clinical training/tutoring of healthcare workers.
- Knowledge and understanding of medicine legislation.
- Awareness of current developments in pharmacy practice.
- Understanding the need of confidentiality awareness at all times.
- Meticulous to Detail
- Good Communication Skills, both written and oral.
- Good team player, with ability to work in a multidisciplinary team, as well as on own initiative.
- Ability to positively influence prescribing and dispensing decisions, to promote pharmaceutical care.
- Effective customer service skills, able to work to meet the standards of the Trust Code of Conduct at all times.
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits: –
- Competitive Pay Rates - work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of placements at over 50 NHS Trusts in England
- Dedicated consultants
- Flexible working options
- Free DBS and free training
- Build holiday allowance
- Support when you need it – 24/7 365 days – Call us anytime on 03330 144 370
- Stakeholder pension scheme
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts do not have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades, and specialities, saving the NHS over £70 million each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.