Yard Operative in New Southgate
We are Buildbase
We are Buildbase, we employ approximately 2300 brilliant people and we work from around 145 branches around the UK.
What we do
What we do is really simple, we sell building materials to the trade and public. We’re a ‘roll your sleeves up’ business with a can-do attitude and we take pride in serving our local tradespeople and communities.
The role of a Yard Operative
As a Yard Operative, you will be working in the yard and warehouse, making sure our customers get the stock that they need as well as driving our forklift trucks and loading our lorries.
What you need
You'll need to be someone who isn't afraid of hard work and is a team player. The yard is one of the busiest areas of the branch so you would need to be willing to work under pressure to ensure customers are served in an efficient and friendly manner. If you're someone who is happy to get stuck in then we'd love to hear from you. A forklift truck licence is essential for this role.
We are happy to discuss the possibility of working flexibly. Please talk to us during the interview process about what works for you. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
What you’ll get in return
- 23 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- The chance to join Grab – our one stop shop for all things discounts, benefits, communications and recognition
- Company bonus scheme
- A contributory pension scheme
- Awards where our colleagues are recognised quarterly and annually
- A generous staff discount scheme
- A range of training and development programmes to help you progress your career
What we’re doing about COVID-19
Like most businesses, we have had to change the way we do things to make sure all our colleagues are working safely during COVID-19. As a Yard Operative, your job means you will interact with lots of different people during the day, so we have introduced a set of Safer Operating Procedures which include:
- Additional PPE supplied to you to ensure a clean and sanitized vehicle
- Kerbside deliveries
- No delivery signatures required
- Social distancing in place in all of our branches
We have a set of values which we strongly believe in. If they speak to you then we have something in common!
We have the know-how We get stuck in We stand together We get it done
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.