Epidemiologist for global pharmaceutical company in London, 12 month contract, real world data, RWE, stats
Your new company
A top tier pharmaceutical company with more than 40 molecules in clinical trials and several imminent launches are looking to bring in several epidemiologists to their Real World Evidence & epidemiology department to work on a wide range of studies across their portfolio and support their pipeline development.
This company has an excellent reputation and has consistently grown over the last 20 years through reinvesting in R&D efforts, providing a number of opportunities to extend and potentially go permanent.
Your new role
You will be joining an established team, contributing to the analysis & interpretation of real world data & observational studies, as well as preparing abstracts and presentations.
This is initially a 12-month contract that is likely to extend / could be converted to a permanent role if desired. The role is currently fully home based and is likely to have a lot of flexibility for home working going forward.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to/manage the design and execution of observational or non-interventional studies;
- Analysing Real World Data from diverse sources, eg CPRD, THIN, patient registries or health insurance claims;
- Carry out literature reviews;
- Help prepare data and documents to answer queries from regulatory authorities;
- Contribute to development and/or review of Statistical Analysis Plans;
- Working closely with internal stakeholders across different teams / departments, including medical, regulatory, drug safety, etc;
- Provide data analysis expertise, using advanced statistical and/or Machine Learning approaches;
- Support epidemiology projects to help shape the company's drug development portfolio.
What you'll need to succeed
As well as strong problem solving and organisational skills you should have:
- An MSc, PhD, MPH/MS in epidemiology, statistics, public health or similar - or equivalent experience
- Hands-on analytical & statistical skills;
- Pharmaceutical industry and/or CRO experience is a plus, but strong academic or public health/health insurance experience is also valuable;
- Excellent written / verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- The ability to work in an environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines;
- Experience with SAS, R, Stata or similar languages for data analysis;
- Experience of working with large databases, eg electronic health records / claims databases / CPRD, etc.
What you'll get in return
The chance to work on a variety of exciting projects for one of the market leaders with an excellent corporate atmosphere and a good pay rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me on 0203 465 0057.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position within epidemiology, RWE or Real World Data, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Keywords: epidemiology, epidemiologist, observational, research, scientist, science, statistics, statistician, programming, real, world, data, evidence, outcomes, RWE, RWD, SAS, R, genetic, population, clinical, trial, study, studies, literature, review, insight, treatment, EMR, medical, record, pharmaceutical, infectious, disease, virology, neurology, oncology, cancer, disease, therapy