Recruiting a Senior Support Worker to join our Homelessness and Complex Needs service in Hammersmith and Fulham!
GBP 23,345 per annum, 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
As a Senior Support Worker, you will be expected to undertake duties as part of the management team which include supporting the team with their responsibilities whilst working flexibly to respond to the needs of applicants referred to the project from our local authority. This role will require either an extra dimension of experience or have/be working towards a higher qualification level in order to meet the role specific competences for this position.
We are an Assessment Centre and the first step into supported housing, therefore the support needs of our clientele can range from someone with mild Learning difficulties, Mental Health, Substance users, Offending behaviour, both Male and Female
You will therefore need to demonstrate the ability to work in a therapeutic environment that at times can be challenging.
You will work flexible to respond to emerging needs and effectively address the needs of the customer case load. This role will include shift working including weekends, late shifts.
- Work proactively with the team to handle the service caseload and support an effective tea approach to meeting with each customer's identified needs.
- Motivate the team and champion a positive culture within the service.
- Contribute to a positive service environment, ensuring the service is supportive and a place of stability for customers. This includes working flexibly and being proactive in ensuring that potential residents are interviewed, within the set timeframe
- Develop formal service level agreements with partner agencies and monitor these agreements alongside the management team and support staff at The Coninghams.
- Deliver all aspects of support to enable a customer to develop skills whilst at the assessment centre.
- Where appropriate take on the lead role or Specific Point of Contact for key partner agencies.
- Co produce the daily living element of support alongside customers and partners with a view that the assessment process builds on the existing model offering a range of activities to support peoples Recovery Capital.
- Attend multi agency meetings such as MARAC, and or other meetings alongside management and the support team with a view that this information is cascaded back to the team.
- Work proactively with the team to handle the service caseload and support an effective team approach to meeting each customer's identified needs.
- Contribute to a positive service environment, ensuring the service is supportive and a place of safety and stability for customers. This includes working flexibly and being proactively in delivering, reviewing and arranging effective support for emerging needs and risks in order to prevent escalating concerns.
- Deliver all aspects of support to ensure life skills foundation is in place for customers as appropriate to the needs of the individual.
- Support customers to undertake domestic tasks, including practical assistance to ensure a high quality living environment that promotes customers' dignity, respect and allows customers to feel safe and welcome in their own home.
- Participate in the assessment of needs in line with support planning and risk management.
- Work with customers to promote social inclusion to promote independent living, encouraging customers to maximise their skills and choices.
- Report and react to any observations relating to customers welfare.
- Proactive development of links with local statutory and voluntary organizations to provide a range of engagement opportunities for customers in the community.
- Shift lead, ensuring effective coordination of staff time so that all planned service and customer activities are attended to during the course of the shift.
- Maintain a good standard of records as required at the project under the direction of the Managers.
- Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times, to ensure the safety of the customers and premises including responding to maintenance, fire and health and safety issues.
- Attend and participate in team meetings and Management meetings.
- Competent use of relevant systems, company policies and frameworks.
- Adhere to all the policies and procedures of Look Ahead Care & Support plus those specific to the project including any statutory requirements.
- Carry out other duties commensurate with the designated role level, as may be deemed reasonable by Look Ahead including working at an alternative patch, if such a need arises.