29 October 2020
£21,000 to £24,000 per year
28 November 2020
DBY, S41 0DT
Apply for this job
**Overview of the role: **
To help individuals to live an independent life in line with their care and support plan. Your role is to ensure that the people who use the HomeCareDirect service are supported to achieve their goals and aspirations whilst making a success out of directing their own support at home.
You will liaise with the service manager and other departments within HomeCareDirect to ensure that queries from individuals, families and care professionals are dealt with in an efficient and timely manner so that your support packages run smoothly.
No hand on care is involved in this role.
**Show commitment and a willingness to be flexible and complete a task to specified deadlines**
* A pro-active and can-do approach
* A compassionate and caring outlook
* Good attention to detail
* Be confident on the telephone and have a good telephone manner
* Have the confidence and ability to talk to people at a professional level
* Willingness and flexibility to travel to various locations to undertake task such as team meetings, supervisions for staff, review meeting etc.
* Be punctual, flexible and willing to make necessary changes to meet any changing needs of the company in line with the care industry requirements.
* Confident and competent IT Skills
* IT Skills covering Word, Excel, Outlook
* Experience working in the health or social care industry particularly with Learning Disabilities, Challenging Behaviours, Mental Health.
* Health & Social Care diploma level 3
* Care Certificate
* Mappa / Team Teach / Positive Behavioural Support training
* Hands on care experience, Moving & Handling, Personal Care, Medication management as a minimum
* Managing people/motivating teams
* Skills with challenging behaviour and hands on prevention and management of violence and aggression.
* You must have a full driving licence and your own vehicle
* Willing to travel to manage packages in house
* Learning Disability and autism experience.
* Ability to develop and write BMP (Behaviour Management Plans)
* Experience of working with CPN and LD nurses
A full job description will be provided on application.
**Training personal development:**
HomeCareDirect has its own training department and will facilitate a personal development plan to meet the needs of your specific role, to aid your personal development. You are required to undertake training identified by the company to support your role and responsibilities, some of this will be undertake off site and at varying locations
Salary Range :-£21,000 - £24,000 depending on experience and qualifications. Competency is achieved through module based learning, one to one training and external courses.
On Call is paid at £30 per day Monday Friday / £50 per day Saturday & Sunday and is currently 1 in 8 (this will change)
Mileage is paid at 44p per mile for the first 10,000 miles, 24p per mile thereafter, Expenses are paid as agreed by your line manager.
The company has a bonus structure which will be discussed in more depth.
**Hours of Work:**
* 37.5 hours per week Monday Friday 9am 5pm (flexibility required to meet the clients and company needs)
* Where required you may be asked to work on days and times other than Monday Friday 9am 5pm including public holidays. Time off in Lieu will be offered and only authorised by your manager,
* There may be occasion where due to the distance of your client overnights stays are required, hotels are provided by the company and meal contributions.
Full employment checks will be undertaken including an Enhanced DBS
Apply for this job