There are still exciting opportunities out there in Construction. Looking for a fresh start and situated close to Sussex then we may have the role for you....
Role: Assistant Site Manager
Contract type: Freelance
Start date: December 2020
Duration: 9 months
Salary/Rate: £220 per day
Randstad Contact: David Baker (Brighton Branch)
A national developer that has a strong reputation for strong design & build that has grown to be one of the largest house builders in the country.
The project is in excess of £2 million consisting of 18 houses and 3 flats including 5 houses and 3 flats that are housing association.
You will be working under an experienced site manager providing a site presence to maintain the quality of work and health & safety on site whilst managing the client's snags after completion of units.
- Monitoring subcontractor progress against the programme.
- Health & safety representation (inductions, checking subcontractor Risk Assessments & Methods Statements, site inspections, scaffold inspections, completing registers).
- Managing labour and operatives.
- Attending subcontractor progress meetings.
- Coordinate between subcontractors to avoid disruption of site activities.
- Ensuring site documents are completed.
- Maintain site records.
- Carrying out site inspections.
- Liaise with stakeholder (building control, utilities providers, residents, the local authorities, Highways England and the adjacent residential developer).
- Liaising with Designers, Architects and Consultants to resolve technical queries.
- 1-2 years experience in a Management or Supervisory position within the construction industry.
- Good eye for detail.
- Be able to interoperate construction drawings and designs.
- Strong man-management skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good level of IT literacy.
- CSCS Card.
- First Aid.
What you will get in return:
- A very competitive day rate.
- Opportunity for further contracts
- Access to a host of training courses through Randstad CPE.
- The chance to work on a well resourced project.
What to do next:
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your latest cv. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Randstad CPE's Brighton branch for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad Construction Property Engineering is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.