We are recruiting for an Estates/Block Assistant to join our client on the outskirts of Maidstone due to the company expanding.
The successful candidate will assist with the management of a portfolio of 23 estates consisting of over 2,000 units, comprised of both leasehold flats and freehold houses located in and around Maidstone, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Erith and Herne Bay.
Most hours will be office based to undertake day-to-day tasks, while the remaining hours will be spent travelling to and from estates for various reasons, including but not limited to: monthly site inspections; meeting contractors regarding repairs and improvements; resolving client matters; attending important meetings. As part of this role, attendance will, in addition, be required to meet Estate Directors, and potential new clients, out of office hours, where budgets and other matters are discussed. Travel expenses will be reimbursed based on mileage on a monthly basis.
Within this role, you will be expected to, but not limited to, complete the following tasks:
- Administration including mail merges, emails and typing minutes;
- Collection and chasing Service Charge Payments;
- Propose solutions and ideas for improvements to estates;
- Answering telephone queries;
- Communicate and explain solutions and ideas to clients;
- Raising works orders and liaising with contractors regarding maintenance issues;
- Budget and forecast expenditure, including long term planning for upcoming works;
- Perform Monthly Site Inspections as and when required by the estate manager;
- Assist in dealing with client and solicitor inquiries regarding properties;
- Prepare presentations packages;
- Meet with potential clients;
You will need to be punctual, methodical and well organised as well as having a minimum of three years experience within the property management sector, preferably within estate/block management. Knowledge and/or experience with the following topics will be advantageous, but not required, for candidates:
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products;
- Understanding of restrictive covenants;
- Landlord and Tenant Act;
- Health and Safety procedures;
- Section 20 Consultation procedure.
For your chance to join this company, please apply with an up to date CV for consideration.