28 October 2020
Company pension scheme, private health cover, critical illness cover
27 November 2020
Bridgend County, Wales
Tymphany Acoustic Technology (UK) Ltd
Apply for this job
Work on Transducer Design projects from initial customer product generation through to mass production ready designs.
• Design, build and evaluation of Transducers to meet Customer requirements.
• Use of Loudspeaker simulation software e.g Finemotor, LEAP, basic Comsol knowledge advantageous
• Use of loudspeaker measurement systems, g Soundcheck, Klippel DA, Clio, Audio Precision
• cooperation with China team, interaction during design cycle.
• Evaluate designs and innovate using one of Europe’s largest ½ Space Anechoic chambers, laser scanning vibrometer and other world class research facilities.
• Create Bill-of-Material, DFMEA’s and other key documents under guidance.
• Build relationships with customer engineers to ensure close working relationship and early adoption of Tymphany designs and technology.
• Domestic and international travel may be required.
Job Required Skills:
• Degree in Acoustics/Audio or equivalent transducer experience
• Minimum 1-2 years of Transducer Design experience.
• Experience of loudspeaker measurement systems, g Soundcheck, Klippel DA, Clio, Audio Precision
• Direct experience in building and measuring transducers
• Experience of working with loudspeaker simulation software
• Good attention to detail.
• Some experience with acoustic system assembly and measurement
• Experience in working in a team environment.
• Good conversationalist with good people skills.
• Ability to follow through with tasks and some degree of self-management skills.
• Self motivated, passionate about audio and music and have a genuine interest in loudspeaker design. The job holder will have a solid grounding of audio design principles and practices gained from both a good academic foundation and via some practical application and experience.
• Knowledge of active/passive crossovers and/or speaker system design would be desirable but not required.
• A creative thinker who has a desire of transforming concepts into realistic products which exceed market requirements.
• Ability to meet deadlines through good planning and organisational skills.
• Interpersonal and communication skills. Presentation skills are desirable as the job holder will have the opportunity to present to key stakeholders such as, internal senior level management, customers and suppliers.
Why choose us
• An opportunity to be part of exciting international projects in a growing company.
• A meaningful job with solutions being implemented into everyday work.
• A cooperative company culture fuelled by love and passion for audio.
• Attractive working conditions (flexible working hours, contribution for pension, 37.5 hours working week, healthcare and benefits package, 28 days of holiday, )
• Salary is competitive
Apply for this job