I am currently recruiting a Logistics Administrator for a client of mine based in the Newport area. They are paying a salary between £18-£20k a year. To be considered you would need Admin experience with ideally Logistics experience although the Logistic experience isn't essential.
You will work as part of an established duty team responsible for arranging ship spares delivery & office collections,
completing/submitting New Computerised Transit System (NCTS) and T1 Customs Declarations to enable ship spares to move from the airport to vessels.
Also for arranging collection of documents & packages from agency offices for shipments to move within and outside the EU.
You will obtain all the required documentation, information and times as instructed/requested by Clients or your Manager/Director.
You will complete all HMRC/cargo documentation relevant to the port call and will coordinate HMRC requirements on behalf of our clients. You will be responsible for calculating and keying accurate data pro-forma via third party bespoke software or Government Portal.
Main job roles:
- You will obtain all required documentation and information from our agency department.
- Be responsible for the accurate preparation & completion of T1 Customs Declarations & delivery documentation
via third party bespoke software or Government Portal.
- Communicating / Emailing the various documentation to Clients, UK Boarder Force, hauliers and agents.
- Prepare and complete all data input accurate information within our operating system 'Datafreight.Net'.
- Accurately calculate Invoice Sales, within on our operating system 'Datafreight.Net'.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with clients, UK Boarder Force, HMRC, hauliers, agents & terminal personnel.
- Assist the Manager/Director in the training and support of new employees in the role of Logistics Coordinator.
- Prompt communication of problems, in particular emergency situations in accordance with established Emergency
- Attend both off site & on site training courses arranged by the Company to build up you own knowledge and experience.
- You may be required to work out-of-office hours, evenings, and weekends as per our department rota system or as
directed by the department Manager/Director.
- Updating & invoicing jobs to clients.
- Ensuring our operating system 'Datafreight.Net' is updated in a timely manner.
- Completing customer care responses within the required timescale.
- Ability to work to strict timescales in a fast-paced environment.
- Writing-off supplier's invoices on our operating system 'Datafreight.Net'.
- Email supplier's invoices to the Accounts Department daily & dealing with internal & external account queries.
- To maintain good and effective working relationships with the Manager/Director, members of the local office staff team,members of the Newport 24-hour EMCS support team & work colleagues at other offices.
- Take reasonable care of your own health, safety and well-being, that of your work colleagues and other personnel who may be affected by your actions or omissions.
- Be responsible for promptly reporting accidents, 'near miss' incidents, dangerous occurrences and unsafe working
practices to the Manager/Director as per established Company health and safety procedures.
- The communication of any updated local information received to the Manager/Director.
You will need:
- Served a minimum of one full year in the industry in or an equivalent position.
- Be highly self-motivated, able to work independently and within a close-knit operational team.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to demonstrate a meticulous attention to detail.
- Be self-disciplined, reliable, and capable of working to set time frames, often out-of-office hours.
This is a full time and permanent position, if you feel this role is for you then we want to hear from you so please apply!
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer