This role? It’s ALL about the guest and delivering an outstanding service for them during the night.
Outstanding being safe, hospitable and positively memorable experience. You’ll be playing a key role in supporting your hotel achieving its performance metrics and objectives – and you’ll care about doing so, along with an incredible team in Guest Services.
What you’ll be doing as a Guest Service Assistant
- Ensuring that all guests experience an outstanding level of service during out-of-hours
- Ensuring that every guest experiences a safe visit, exceeding all expectations surrounding cleanliness
- Engage, build and develop relationships with late check-in guests, assessing their needs and flexing style and approach appropriately
- Ensuring all repeat guests, priority members and VIP’s receive recognition and appreciation
- Being attentive to all guests and looking for opportunities to up-sell and make recommendations to enhance their experience
- Demonstrating a sales mentality to selling bedroom, M&E and F&B including making recommendations for guests to upgrade, dine in the restaurant and upgrade to breakfast
- Responding to any guest complaints (hopefully these will be far and few between because of how incredible the service is you are delivering!) and finding ways to turnaround any negative feedback
- Processing telephone or walk-in reservations accurately
- Looking for ways to deliver continuous improvements to the guest experience.
What’ll make you a great fit
- You’ll need to be a night owl given the hours you’ll be working
- It doesn’t matter where you’ve gained your experience, as long as you have incredible customer service abilities and confidence to anticipate and deliver on guests needs
- You’ll enjoy using tech – we have lots of it to make your life easier and our guests experience more seamless
- You’ll love people – and as a result, have great interpersonal and communication skills
- Details? You love them! You’ll be incredibly attentive with guests as a result
- Flexible and able to remain focused on results under pressure and to challenging deadlines
- Self-motivated and confident
- Hard-working but FUN!
- Discounts across retail, restaurants, events etc (because we know life isn’t just about work)
- Family and Friends discounts in hotels across the Kew Green Hotels estate
- Leisure Club complimentary membership
- International Travel at Employee Rate for other branded hotels within our brand family
- Progression and room to grow, with opportunities across the UK and internationally
- Flexible attitude and working hours.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident