Are you passionate about making a difference and helping others?
Would you like to work in a customer facing role and make a positive impact on people and their communities?
Consider the role of a Health & Wellbeing Coach at Reed Wellbeing!
We are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed Wellbeing is a public service provider delivering lifestyle and wellbeing programmes that help people improve their health.
What the job is about:
The main purpose of the Health & Wellbeing Coach is to deliver the group-based health & wellbeing services.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Deliver the ‘Reed Wellbeing’ programmes and other elements of service in a manner that engages and interests all participants.
- Tailor delivery to meet the Participant’s needs and learning styles.
- Creating and maintaining a constructive and confidential learning environment
- Capturing key metrics at different points in the participants’ journey i.e. monitoring and recording participants’ progress on weight management.
- Liaise with professionals including GPs and primary care staff to promote and generate referrals to the service.
What’s in it for you?
Alongside a generous base salary and great flexibility with your working schedule, we offer training, development and progression opportunities. With the chance to dramatically make a difference to the local community, this role offers immense job satisfaction.
Required skills and experience:
- REPs Level 3 Exercise Referral Qualification or equivalent; or
- Level 3 qualification in health improvement or promotion or public health or equivalent (e.g. City & Guilds Level 3 Health Trainer or equivalent); or
- Level 3 qualification in nutrition; or
- Level 3 Training qualification (e.g. PTTLs / Award in Education & Training); or
- Degree of equivalent in a relevant subject
- Experience of delivery group based health or physical activity or advice & guidance interventions.
- Driver licence and access to a car is essential
- An understanding of and interest in health-related physical activity, healthy eating and health-related behaviour change.
- Willingness to undertake evening and weekend work as required.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel around the local area.
Disability Confident Commitment:
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident