Are you passionate about making a difference and helping others?
Would you like to work in a role that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do, making a genuine positive impact?
Consider the role of a Key Worker at Reed in Partnership!
Location: Chesterfield with travel across South Yorkshire/Derbyshire
Salary:£22,500 - £25,000
Contract: Full Time (40 Hours) - Permanent
At Reed in Partnership we are on a mission to be the partner of choice for developing people and their communities. Reed in Partnership is a public service provider specialising in skills training for the long-term unemployed, increasing employment opportunities by working with employers and providing youth services.
Key Workers are the front line of Reed in Partnership. The main purpose of the role is to provide intensive, personalised one-to-one support to unemployed jobseekers (our participants) with aim of finding and sustaining employment. You will also engage with employers and make local communities aware of the benefits of our service. Our participants are the lifeblood of our business, and providing them with an excellent service is at the very core of the Key Worker role.
Your day-to-day responsibilities could include:
- Meeting with jobseekers, identifying any challenges and barriers with finding employment
- Intensive 1 to 1 support
- Identifying and supporting with barriers to work, specifically concerning health & disability
- Knowledge and awareness of disability support
- Providing in-work support
- Carrying out 121 and Group Employability Training
- Supporting jobseekers with CV writing and job application process
- Liaising with employers to identify any employment opportunities for the jobseekers
- Outreach work – promoting Reed in Partnership within the local community
Required Skills and Experience:
- Able to demonstrate coaching/mentoring experience and persuasion/influencing skills through previous work or social activities
- Practical experience of working directly with people with moderate to severe disabilities and/or mental health issues, preferably in the field of employment related services, and with a proven track record of personally delivering recognised outcomes
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment (i.e. Customer Services, Hospitality, Social Care, Customer Services, Sales)
- Experience of working in a performance target driven environment
- Willingness to travel locally (e.g. to meet customers/employers).
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma
GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
- Experience of exposure to various customer groups.
- Previous experience of a working in a similar role in Welfare to Work or publicly funded services
- Any relevant advisory and/or training qualification e.g. Award in Education & Training (formally PTLLs Level 3), NVQ Advice & Guidance or equivalent.
- A degree in relevant subjects or equivalent, e.g. Sociology, Social Care etc.
Disability Confident Commitment:
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident