Our Team Leaders deliver a high quality of care and support to our service users in line with our core values of 'Wellness, Happiness, and Kindness'. We believe that these should be present in all we do, both for employees and those who use our services. Our vision is to provide the quality of care that we would want for our own loved ones.
As a Team Leader you will lead by example, providing support and direction to the team to deliver high quality, person-centred care in a way which promotes the dignity, privacy, safety and independence of people using our Service. Under the Service Manager, you will ensure good practices are developed and maintained, and undertake additional management responsibilities as directed.
Do I need previous experience…?
Experience in a care setting is essential for this role; preferably you will be QCF/NVQ Level 3 or above qualified in Health and Social Care, with experience in administration of medication, including controlled drugs
Your services as a Bank Worker are on an ad hoc and casual basis. This means that while the company will try to give you as much notice as possible when offering work, there is no obligation on the part of the company to provide such work and no obligation for you to accept any work so offered.
The skills you’ll need
- Be able to provide direction, leadership, guidance and support to the team, to ensure residents are assigned to receive person centred care in line with their individual needs.
- Provide/receive accurate handovers from the previous shift and manage staff allocation for all requirements of the day providing residents with day to day personal care to meet their needs in a person centred approach.
- You will ensure residents are given choices in their personal care, and that all care delivered is documented and up to date on the care plans. You will support their well-being through observation and empathy and responding to their needs.
- To ensure all team members have regular supervisions, appraisals and training as necessary, and to work within agreed targets.
- A positive and caring attitude, confident and able to deliver individualised care and support in-line with each of our residents support guidelines.
- Be able to communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues. Good interpersonal and working relationship skills are essential.
- As shift Team Leader it is important that you have the appropriate skills to motivate, encourage and manage other employees.
As the role requires work with vulnerable people and delivering personal care and support, your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including references and a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.