About the Role: Under supervision of the Line Manager, and by working collaboratively as part of a team, the post holder will play an important part in the delivery of care to patients. You will be involved in supporting the psychological, emotional, personal, social, recreational and spiritual needs of patients, as guided by their individual care plans, to enable enhanced wellbeing, independence and quality of life.
We are currently recruiting for Full Time, Part Time, Night and Bank team members.
Benefits of Working with us:
- Meals Provided, On-site parking, Free Eye Care Vouchers
- Enhancements for Night Shifts (+20p per hour night allowance), and Bank Holiday's (double pay)
- Comprehensive Learning & Development to support progressionopportunities
Company Funded Benefits: Free DBS check, Flu vaccination and Hepatitis B vaccination.
Your Daily Tasks as a Support Worker will involve:
- Encouraging the patients to develop and maintain skills in all reasonable and practical situations, through occupational therapy or work placement. Encouraging patients involvement in the therapy programme
- Carrying out all Company duties, tasks and responsibilities in accordance with the Company's principles of care, whilst ensuring the safety, care and well-being of patients and colleagues at all times
- Maintaining good recording keeping as requested
- Handling patient's finances where appropriate and record all transactions as outlined within Company guidelines
- Assisting patients with personal care as outlined in individual care specifications with due regard to the dignity and privacy of the person ensuring that any continence issues are dealt with sensitively
- Helping to prepare food in accordance with the patient's choice, dietary requirements, and preferred methods in a safe and hygienic manner. Assist the patients with eating and drinking as required
- Working as part of a team, being proactive and contributing to the development of St Davids Hospital
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Desirable / Requirements: QCF Level 2 Health & Social Care or willing to work towards
Hours of Work: Various - working on a rolling rota basis or flexible to suit
Contract Type: Permanent or Bank
If you are an experienced care worker or support worker, or if you feel you can make a real difference to the lives of others, we want to hear from you! Please complete the short application and upload your CV, alternatively for an informal discussion about this role you can contact MHC Workforce on 01824 572 020.
(We reserve the right to bring forward our closing date, without notice in the event of high volumes of interest).