Are you looking for a new challenge? For a rewarding job where you have the opportunity to make a real difference? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a Catering Assistant to join the Medirest family. We are looking for new members to join our highly dedicated retail team, who deliver outstanding catering services for patients, visitors and staff.
Shift Pattern: working 5/7 including weekends, 10:00am - 20:30/13:00 - 20:30
- Prepare hot and cold meals,
- Lay out food and counter display so they look attractive & inviting
- Ensure all food is stored safely and at the correct legal temperatures.
- Serve all customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Use of tills and cash handling.
- To maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the kitchen and restaurant to promote a safe working environment.
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Passionate about customer care, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- It doesn’t matter if you’ve never worked as a General Assistant before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do and a willingness to learn and go the extra mile for our customers
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check; costs met by the employer.