Can you fly as high as a Liver Bird?
Can you make a positive difference to people living with dementia?
Come and talk to us.
Liverpool City Council and Shaw healthcare are now working in partnership to dramatically improve services for people with dementia. Two new flagship Dementia Care Hubs will provide the best quality and state-of-the art accommodation and care for people living with dementia and others with long term residential and nursing care needs.
Shaw healthcare were chosen for this project because of our high quality nursing and residential care and our focus on developing our people to manage and deliver care. We keep the individual at the centre of all we do in delivering our core values of Wellness, Happiness and Kindness. Together we will provide our high level service and deliver these innovative Community Care Hubs for the people that require a little bit of extra care and support.
We are now recruiting for a Full Time* Activity Champion to join our Hub based in Speke and to be a part in delivering this exceptional service – opening September 2019.
*35 hours per weekMain Responsibilities
Reporting to the Service Manager, the successful candidate will be working closely with residents to ensure a range of interesting and stimulating activities are planned in every week. You may also be involved in organising in-house and other events such as Christmas parties, Easter raffles and summer fares etc, which ultimately contributes towards the continuous high quality of care given to our patients.The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal Activities Champion will have the following skills and values:
- Caring nature
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Flexibility and be able to adapt to the needs of Residents
As the role requires work with vulnerable people and delivering personal care and support, your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including referencing Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Do I need previous experience…?
About The Company
- We do not ask for any formal qualifications or experience of working in care before as full training will be provided, although having previous experience in a similar role would be desirable.
- You will be at the very heart of our industry, so you are expected to be reliable, dependable and committed to make a difference to our service.
Why Shaw healthcare?
We are one of the UK’s leading Health and Social care providers who deliver a wide spectrum of care in a variety of purpose-built care environments; care homes for the elderly, specialist dementia units, mental health units and low secure psychiatric hospitals.
We highly value the wonderful contribution of our employees who stay with Shaw healthcare. They enable a high level of continuity of care for our service users. Continuing relationships between our employees and service users and their families are fundamental to the quality of the care we provide.
We recognise this in our Employee of the Month programme, local Shining Stars and our famous Annual Star Awards, and our unique biannual incentive scheme paid to all staff in our services that meet our high quality standards.
Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit package, which includes:
- Our Service Incentive Scheme Bonus
- Full paid induction programme
- Work towards a QCF qualification and excellent development/promotion opportunities
- Our Refer a Friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours) inclusive of bank holidays
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Pension scheme
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Employee Assistance Programme to all contracted staff including face to face counselling