Senior Military Satcoms Consultant - Permanent - Attractive - Hertfordshire & Wiltshire
Due to expansion a Senior Military Satcoms Consultantis required within a leading Telecoms, Satellite and Space Systems Technology Company. The successful Senior Military Satcoms Consultantwill join a specialised team in this sector and will be involved in establishing the requirements for the UK's next generation of military satellite system. The Senior Military Satcoms Consultant will be involved in developing an open and flexible system architecture that brings together cutting-edge technology and innovation from the military and commercial satellite communications sectors. The Senior Military Satcoms Consultantwill also apply industry best practice to support military customers in the most challenging of environments. The Senior Military Satcoms Consultantmust have an engineering understanding although the emphasis of this role will be more on operations management, commercial acumen and particularly service delivery.
The Responsibilities for the Senior Military Satcoms Consultant
• Supporting the tender management process including preparations, assessments and negotiations.
• Providing understanding of satellite and network operations into responses to bidder questions.
• Communicate and present business and telecommunication standards including eTOM & ITIL.
• Provide advice on through life support, integrated logistics support and maintenance.
• Define, negotiate, and place OEM support contracts.
• Support the definition of SLAs, MOUs, and peering agreements in a defence environment.
• Develop, manage, and maintain operational delivery requirements.
• Conduct bidder proposal assessment reviews against defined criteria and report findings.
• Define service management architectures for current and next generation satellite networks.
• Use industry best practice frameworks to guide service operations and integration.
• Ensure network design adherence to appropriate standards and ITU regulations.
• Attend, and constructively contribute to, meetings with MOD, bidders, etc.
• Ensure integration with the other MOD work-streams and programmes to ensure uniformity.
• Conduct project reporting against KPIs.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required for the Senior Military Satcoms Consultant
• Must be a UK national (due to potential sensitivity of work to be undertaken).
• Security Cleared or the ability to attain this and a Chartered Engineer or equivalent.
• Experience of working as an integral part of a highly focused team.
• Track record of taking full responsibility for the delivery of critical deliverables and tasks.
• Evidence of being able to manage tendering processes within tight time-scale and budget constraints.
• Proven ability to produce clear, concise, and unambiguous documentation at detailed level.
• Systematic and thorough approach to Systems Engineering using industry standards.
• Business acumen to understand commercial implications and ability to communicate to the customer.
• Good customer-facing and communication skills with ability to present unambiguous presentations.
• Experience of working in the communications sector and the satellite or network operations sector.
• Understanding of Systems Engineering Assurance processes, and architecture design principles.
• Ability to understand telecommunication business processes.
• Knowledge of the resource planning and delivery of communications services over satellite networks.
• Knowledge of the operating framework used by satellite communications / telecoms operators.
• Business acumen and commercial experience to understand commercial impacts of technology.
• Awareness of the defence Industry and acquisition processes.
• Ability to write clear and concise bidder responses and produce tender documentation.
• Experience of military satellite communications networks operating in stressed environments.
• Experience of service delivery engagement on the UK Military Satellite operations.
• Experience with Network and Service Management technologies and developing SLAs.
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Senior Military Satcoms Consultant then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on either 01384 446102 or email suitable MS Word Format CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.